How to setup customer service for my business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by V Maynard, Feb 1, 2011.

1. V Maynard

V Maynard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

V. Maynard here again.

Just about every business needs customer service reps and my business is no exception. Starting off, however, I cannot afford to rent office space for the reps so I will need the reps to temporarily work from home. The problem I’m facing is the technical side of things. How do I set it up to where when a customer calls, it rings through the computer and the rep can answer the call through the computer using a USB headset? Who would I hire to help me set this up? Or what program would I need?

2. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What country will you business be based in V Maynard? Will your reps all be based in the same country?

Your local telecoms network provider might be able to help you with this if you contact them. Other options would be locally based telephone service companies - you should be able to find them through a local directory or business network.

4. Darby

Darby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Maynard,

I would recommend you to use virtual assistant service instead, it can help you to save the cost. You can run the business like a professional by having someone handling your calls from remote area anytime. If the contract provides you with no obligation or flexible, don't let it go....

5. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I was going to suggest a virtual assistant, good if you can't afford the office space. I did read a few negative posts from someone who is working as a virtual assistant listing issues they had with the job. I think sometimes companies pile them with too much work and exploit them slightly by using them as a cheaper alternative to permanent staff and this obviously isn't good.

6. LeoVKW

LeoVKW
    uix_expand uix_collapse

VKW would be happy to serve you. We provide Customer Service via email, phone, and IM to over 4 million consumers. We'd love the opportunity to call you our customer.

Virtual Knowledge Workers, Inc (VKW) is the quality leader in custom designed off-site staffing solutions. By deploying uniquely effective staff management practices, and by creating a work-environment, which promotes collaborative innovation and individual responsibility, VKW delivers high impact results to the clients.

For more information please visit or contact:
    http://vkwinc.com/
    Leo (at) VKWinc.com
    (310) 598-8433

7. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you looked at the Skype options. A friend runs a travel agent business and swears by it :)

8. trepedat.clarizz

trepedat.clarizz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You've been procrastinating about tasks on your to-do list for several weeks - or planning much-needed break with your family for forever? VPA is an effective solution to your time and lifestyle management.

A Virtual Personal Assistant (VPA) is an independent contractor who provides administrative support services by utilizing advanced technology to complete best quality of work and communicate someone to help out with your business! On personal level, let your VPA take care of the details; flights, car hire, accommodation, even a list of “must-see” places of interest. Your VPA can handle it all, down to the very last detail.

9. Ava OuYang

Ava OuYang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may tell customer your phone# in your web. Use skype is good. Create your company's mail box. Using some forums, yahoo, facebook exc to promote your company. If you do e-busssiness, it is Ok to do it at home.