How to sell Online And Earn from it

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by forumguy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. forumguy

forumguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I have a product which I was selling it offline quite successfully. I want to expand it to offline. I am confused where to start exactly. I want all your ideas and suggestions on where to start selling my product. Its a general product which is physical and can be shipped across the world. But am waiting to hear from you guys before starting it and joining any sites to start selling it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you have any websites at the minute?

Have you had a look at what your competition are doing to sell similar products online? A quick search on Google should provide you with some very useful information on this regard.

A quality website or blog with related content would be a great start to selling your product online. You could also consider other options such as offering your product for sale on http://ebay.com, a huge number of people make their living solely off selling on Ebay.

If you share a little more info on the type of product you sell we may be able to provide you with more specific tips.

Good luck with it.

3. chuckiesd

chuckiesd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I Agreed with you Fergal. You can sell you item to the ebay. To build up one website that allow people buying something from us it will take time. The better way is sell it to ebay.

4. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also agree with that. Building up website to sell things is very time consuming and costly, especially if you hire people to do it for you. Why dont you try with ebay first?

5. kereta06

kereta06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ebay is the good site to sell your products. But there is not easy to sell in ebay . you need to learn haow can success with ebay because there many things at ebay. You must know how to get the customer in ebay

6. Loskas

Loskas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what a would suggest is ebay.what you said confused me cause you said "i was selling it successfull offline. i want to expand it offline" what do you mean by this? a would relly like to know what you meant then a can try my best to help you out to the best of my abilty lol :D , what you are doing on your bissness would there by buying in vovled aswell? if you can give us some more details just things like this and it will help you out alot

8. cenfos

cenfos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well you can always promote your stuff at forums..best choice for me..like this one for example.if your stuff is in high demand,mate i think you can be rich pretty soon.A never-been seen product which makes the market explode like iphone for example..
    what product are you trying to sell?i can help promoting it

9. Hosting_Solutions

Hosting_Solutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can promote it by writing an E-book about that particular niche, and mention your product on how it can be useful for that topic. Great idea but it needs hardwork.

10. madx1980

madx1980
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can sell your items in many ways.if your product is physical you can sell them in e-bay by opening an account there.you will be paid by paypal.
    hirok.
    www.ebay.com

11. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The good thing about online bussiness is the fact that you dont have to go face to face with your customer, and you dont have to pay for rental fees and also electricity plus water bill. Your customers come from all around the world, so your reach is limitless!

12. breeanne

breeanne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, Ebay is a cheaper way to first start selling your product unless you have funds and time to start a web site of your own. Ebay really depends also on what the article is. I was adviced to really looking into ebay and do my homework before decided what to sell on ebay. Say for instance watch's it seems everybody is trying to sell them on ebay. If your product is a great product and there are not to many others trying to sell on ebay you will have a far greater chance of selling. The fees are supposed to be going down a bit too I heard. Does anyone no if this is right?

13. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Starting a web site is not all that expensive. A Cpanel hosting account runs about US$9.95 per month, and a domain name can run you about $4.00, or less, for a .info. Then use a free Content Management System, like Joomla, to set your site up with. Joomla has all the components, modules, plugins, and themes you would need to run a business, all for free. The free paypal module is all you would need with the free virtual mart shoping cart to get started. All for what, less than US$14.00 the first month and US$10.00 per month after that you have a site.

If you can not make time, well, lose an hour of sleep every day for a week and you have created 7 hours to work with. If you watch an hour of TV per night record it and fast forward through the commercials, there is another 15 to 20 minutes per night, or 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 20 minutes more per week. Better yet, work while it records and you have another 7 hours. Now you have 8:45 to 14:00 per week to work on your future.

Is there an item with few sellers?

#13 pendelton, Feb 18, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  14. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Pendelton,

Nice advice there.I have a question, the US$14.00 startup cost for running your own website, does it applicable for Non-Us? Coz all of my friends said they paid more than US$14 in order to run a website.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can even set up a website with your own domain name for free if you have some time on your hands.

You could get a free domain name from our very own sister forum at http://www.hostbidder.com/ .

There are also numerous companies that give free hosting with cPanel access. This hosting may not be perfect and the support may not be great but it can be used to get a small site up and running. http://www.hostbidder.com/ has a web hosting section and you could ask for recommendations there.

16. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I regret that I am off by US$2.00.

I used http://www.hostgator.com as the basis for my numbers, but did not pay full attention, the $7.95 is if you pay for three full years, the month to month price is $9.95.

If you can get the money to them they will host your site, as long as it follows their TOS. I have heard great things about them.

17. breeanne

breeanne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great advice Pendelton. Do they carter for all countries such as Australia as well as US? as you have got me thinking hard now and interested in what you have said. I might take the time to look into it:)

18. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah me too...but I must make sure the costing properly otherwise it will be a waste to have a website but cant really maintain it.

19. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, they take paypal so you can use them from any country that you can have paypal in.