How To Say Thank You in BAF Thread or Post

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by cesspadilla, Nov 6, 2012.

1. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know saying "Thank You" means a lot even if you don't expect hearing it from someone. The best thing about BAF is that Fergal, our forum admin, always says "Thank You" to members which is a really good feeling especially coming from him. (You'll see him lurking on different threads so make sure that your post is really helpful. ;P )

I think most of you guys already know about this but I noticed that I need to make some sense to those who don't. Don't you know that there are a lot of ways you can say Thank You to a BAF member? Either he/she posted such a helpful post or has done something special that you feel so gratified.

1. To actually acknowledge his/her post and say thank you.
    2. PM him/her and say thank you.
    3. or my prefer way of saying Thank You... Click the "Thank You" button!

How To Do #3 "Clicking The Thank You Button"

When you are browsing a thread, you can see that there is a Thank You button just below the user's profile.

View attachment 1453

Click that button and you'll see something like this after:

View attachment 1454

You can remove a Thank You but I highly recommend that you don't :)

Hope that you guys can use this button everytime you feel that someone helpful or you just feel grateful to that person.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks very much Cess, your post will be very helpful to our members.

I have made it a sticky and moved it to our FAQs, Rules & Announcements forum section.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have a suggestion for #1. If you are thanking an individual, use #3 instead. On the other hand, what if you are thanking a group of people who have added helpful information to a thread. Rather than simply saying, "Thanks guys, this was helpful", or something similar, add something to your post to explain why it was helpful. Were you thinking of, or having difficulty, performing a task? Were you considering purchasing a product or using a type of software, and the discussion helped you make your decision? Knowing that they helped someone, and how they helped, will add value to the discussion.

4. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. I just noticed that a lot of members give thanks to helpful members but aren't using the thanks button.

Nice suggestion Joseph. Maybe after clicking the Thanks button we can add why we thank the member for his/her post. :)