How to retrieve formatted files/

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by babaji01, Aug 30, 2013.

1. babaji01

babaji01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My sister recently formatted my laptop's Local Disk D: . I really had important files in that Disk. How do I retrieve that files? They're really important please help/

2. Natcoweb

Natcoweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I know that is possible, but I doubt if that would be possible to retrieve at home. Just do some search for the related offers in the internet. I do believe that will cost you good sum of money.

3. Rickytaylor

Rickytaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have formatted the drive then it is not possible to recover those files, it is better to take backup of your data before formatting any disk.

4. datoneer

datoneer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. Trevor

Trevor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Call Stellar Data Recovery To Get Back Lost Data. Free Consultation www dot StellarInfo dot co dot in

6. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recover Lost Data from a Formatted Drive
    Step 1
    Have the drive you want to recover attached to a computer with an operating system. In my case I simply had to plug the USB flash drive into my computer.
    Step 2
    Download and install the free version of Recover My Files. Don’t forget that you need to install it someplace other than the drive that you want to recover.
    Step 3
    Start Recover My Files. You have 4 general options.
    The first two are for files that you accidentally deleted. Use the second two if you want to recover after a format. I chose Complete Format Recover and then clicked next.
    Step 4
    Next an information box comes up that tells you when to choose a physical drive and when to pick a logical one. The program tells you to choose a physical drive if you have simply reformatted, and choose a logical one if you have already installed something on the drive.
    The logical version of the drives will show up with their normal names. The physical version will be numbered.
    I chose physical number 1. You should never be choosing number 0 because that would mean you are trying to recover the main (boot) drive that you are running the program from. Click next.
    Step 5
    The next window asks you for the main types of files that you want to recover. It seems like the point of this step is simply to confuse you or worry you unnecessarily.
    GetDataBack didn’t have a step like this. I’m sure it is for a very important super efficient algorithm. You don’t need to rack your brain trying to remember all of the file types you had on the disk. It assures you that all of your files will be recovered even if you don’t select all your file types.Allow for about an hour to scan 50 GB of space or even longer if you are scanning via USB. The program will maintain a list of how many files found so far in the small window, and break down the list by file type in the left pane of the main window under the file type view.

Step 6
    When the scan is done you see a list of all your recovered files.In my case the files lost their names, but they open fine. You can preview them in the lower right part of the window. Click the check box on the files you want to save, or click the box next to the name of the drive to select all the files.
    Step 7
    Next, click the save button. If you only have a trial version, this will be the time when you will need to obtain and enter your license key.
    Direct the program to save the files anywhere other than the drive you recovered. Once your files are saved you can close the Recover My Files Program.

7. quarta

quarta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

was it a quick format or a full?

8. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Download EaseUS Data Recovery wizard and install it on your pc, it can be helpful.

9. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse