how to restore my Windows XP backup file to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by davidsaina, Jul 16, 2014.

1. davidsaina

davidsaina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I try to restore all files from my Windows XP backup to Windows 7 through NTBackup utility, but it got show status message “The restore completed but some files were skipped”, so I don’t want loss single bit of my data.

Is there any solution to complete restore my Windows XP backup file to Windows 7 without any missing data?:(

2. mattycross

mattycross
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to suggest you to use en.restorebkf.org to effectively restore your all data from backup file without any data loss. This application is well supported by all versions of MS backup ntbackup.exe utility and all windows platform.

3. webmail

webmail
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get easy solution – To restore all files from XP backup to Windows 7 with the assist of this blog coderwall.com/p/0n7i4g

4. Topnews123

Topnews123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The internal Windows 7 backup solution takes drive snapshots and saves them to VHD files.
    Maybe you have a chance with this (untested):

Install Gizmo Drive (or any other software which can mount VHD files under XP)
    Mount the VHD file (its hidden in your WindowsImageBackup folder. Thats your Win7 backup)
    If you can't open that folder, take ownership of it
    Point Gizmo Drive to the VHD file. It mounts that VHD as a new drive.

5. barts814

barts814
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RecoveryFix for BKF recovery tool is designed with advance features to help users in recovering lot backup files. It fix all sorts of corruption issue. You can download this tool from here: restorebkf.net and also read this post msbkfrecovery.blogspot.com

6. ramsukhsahu

ramsukhsahu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To recover files from xp to win7 use SysTools BKF repair tool

7. lewiskent

lewiskent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To restore data you can also follow these steps:-
    1) Download and install the Windows NT Backup - Restore utility for Windows 7.
    2) Now click on start button.
    3) Then click on all programs, and then on accessories.
    4) There after click on system tools.
    5) Click NTBackup and so follow the steps in the wizard.
    If you still face the problem then you can also take assistance from AskPcexperts.

8. Warren789

Warren789
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest you get away from the non reliable data backup solutions. Your data is sensitive and it needs to be stored only in secured Data storage plan. I recommend you to try Free CloudBacko pro IT Solution. While choosing a good data storage mode please ensure that it can support your operating system. Free CloudBacko pro supports Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. You must also need ease and conveniency in storing your data. Free Cloudbacko pro have these both the features you dont have to install the Cloudbacko pro you can directly login from your social media account.