How to remove my original website's content from other website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by CodebaseIndia, Sep 8, 2017.

1. CodebaseIndia

CodebaseIndia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm working on a website. After some times i saw that my website's content, design and everything are present with another domain name. And when i checked keyword's ranking then i see that duplicate website's keyword ranking are better than my original website's keyword ranking.
    What should i do?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Before I answer your question, I want to make sure I understand it correctly. Are you saying that someone else duplicated your entire website on their domain name, or are you moving the content from the website with original domain name to another?

3. CodebaseIndia

CodebaseIndia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you are geting right point. I am saying that someone else duplicated my entire website on other domain name. Give some advice asap. And Thanks for reply.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

For quite some time, written material of any kind, such as articles, and books, were considered copyrighted by default, so no one was supposed to duplicate them. It later became possible to copyright it legally, so the author would have specific, legal protection. The Digital Millenium Copyright Act(DMCA) was created to protect online content such as websites or blogs. Because it was copyrighted by default, you can request that they take the website down, and threaten legal action if they do not. Be prepared to follow through, however. Because the rankings for "their" website are higher than yours, they may not be willing to take it down, and you may have to legally prove that you had it first.
    Whether you get the old one back, or have to create a new one, you can use the copyright symbol on each page of the website, which will scare away most people who want to copy your content. You should also register it with the DMCA to further protect it - they have both free and paid options. The DMCA also has both Professional and DIY Takedown services that you can take advantage of, depending on your budget.