How to Recover Deleted Photos From Android Phone

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Joshuaaart, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshuaaart

Joshuaaart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there a back door to perform android photo recovery ? I had a photo of me and my friend, now he is in another country,i deleted all my photos on my android phone, is there any way of recovering it?…” This was asked by someone on answers.yahoo.com. I’ve noticed this post has been already solved, however, I think there still have better answers.
    [​IMG]

Notice: the more you are using the android phone the less chance you have to get photos back. When something is deleted it is not really deleted untill it is over written. When you delete photos or videos the file data itself isn’t deleted, just the index entry that says where the data for those files is located. The space containing the deleted files is also now marked as free space so it is available to the system for any new files to be written there instead. If and when that happens, then it becomes too late to recover your deleted photos so it is very, very important to not save any new files or data to the device concerned. This happened to me once and i found software to retrieve them and it did work but most of the pictures were only pieces of the pixture because they had been overwritten onto already but not fully.

One of the easiest ways to see if you can recover deleted files from phone is to try some 'photo' recovery software. There are many such products available, both commercial and free – also of varying quality! A good tip is to try the free trial version of a good commercial product that will scan the device for deleted files and show you exactly what video files can be recovered. At least that will show you if you can recover them at all or if it’s too late already. Tenorshare Photo Recovery is such great tool that help to recover photos without any data loss. It's very easy to use Tenorshare Photo Recovery, 3 steps in simple terms. First, download this tool and install on your computer. Second, connect your android phone with pc, then choose the android phone disk to scan, you can preview the photos after scanning. At last, choose the photos you need, click "Recover", all the photos will be recovered!
    Still looking for ways on how to recover deleted photos from android phone ? Please stop here, you will get your desired answer.
    Android mobile phones is very popular currently, like the Samsung Galaxy series, especially Samsung Galaxy s3 and Samsung Galaxy note, loved by losts of users. However, not all people like android, the new Windows phone 8 is also very popular, therefore, someone asked me, i'm using Windows phone 8 mobile phone, could you tell me how to recover deleted photos from windows phone ? Well, the answer is very simple-Tenorshare Photo Recovery, it can recover photos from all popular mobile phone.

Learn more: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/topics/mobile-devices/android-recovery.html

2. Hesterghrt6436

Hesterghrt6436
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you very much fro your useful post.

In fact, I have ever experienced the similar problem before. In that case, my Android phone pictures were accidentally deleted by my little daughter. In order to get back all my deleted pictures, I had searched a lot over the internet and find that It was still possible to get back them as long as I had saved them on the inner memory card and had not overwritten them with new data.

So, I connected this phone memory card to my computer via a card Reader and then download some highly recommended data recovery freeware on this card.
    Finally, I had eventually restored all my wanted pictures back and back up them all on another computer drive.

These memory card data recovery freeware are really free and efficient.
    Therefore, if someone is really interested, he could try them over the internet, such as Recuva, PC Inspector File Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

I hope my words also could help others, just like you.

3. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone used these applications? Again, how old data can be recovered using these applications?

4. Daph-addyr23

Daph-addyr23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK! Don’t worry! Nowadays, it is really not difficult to restore the deleted photos from a digital camera, provided that you’ve not save anything new on this camera to rewrite your original photos since then.

But, you also should act carefully to get back your data:

1). Stop using this digital camera right now in case of data loss.

2). Plunge this camera to a computer.

3). Download a data recovery program and install it on the computer. The data recovery program often could easily restore the inaccessible data from a digital camera, especially after the accidental deletion or formatting. So, you should give it a shot.

I know there are some camera data recovery freeware available online: Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

4). Save and back up every file restored from this camera on another drive or storage device in case of data recovery failure.

In the future, you should never forget to back up everything important at least on two hard drive or locations.

5. J.Rod

J.Rod
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to smart phones, the best way to get another copy of deleted file is to have a back up like Dropbox. When pictures are taken for example, your system will automatically upload it to dropbox so even if you delete it from your phone, you'll still have a copy on your dropbox account.

• Like Like x 1
  6. clark24

clark24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you have great possibility to retrieve the pics you mistakenly deleted from Android cellphone. Those pics are still in the memory of your phone just not visible, and pics data are waiting to be written over by new data. So from now on don't use your cellphone to take more pics.
    Then the best way to retrieve your deleted pics is to use some picture recovery programs. Recommended one is Android Photo Recovery.

7. andreweve

andreweve
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Notice: the more you are using the android phone the less chance you have to get photos back. When something is deleted it is not really deleted until it is over written. When you delete photos or videos the file data itself isn’t deleted, just the index entry that says where the data for those files is located.
    The space containing the deleted files is also now marked as free space so it is available to the system for any new files to be written there instead. If and when that happens, then it becomes too late to recover your deleted photos so it is very, very important to not save any new files or data to the device concerned.
    This happened to me once and i found software to retrieve them and it did work but most of the pictures were only pieces of the picture because they had been overwritten onto already but not fully.

8. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This post is really great and useful source of information. Thanks for sharing this information.

9. amendalus

amendalus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two ways for you to perfrom recover deleted iPhone photos with iOS Data Recovery.

Method 1: Directly recover lost photo from iPhone

Method 2: Recover iPhone From iTunes Back up Files

Tutorials 1: Recover Photos from iPhone directly without backup iTunes

Step.1: Select the device to scan

Take iPhone 4 for example. Free download iPhone Photo Recovery

on your computer and install it, and then connect your iPhone with your computer, then you'll get the main interface as follow.

Step 2: Enter your iPhone's system and scan it

Step.3: Preview and recover deleted iPhone photos

Tutorials 2: Recover iPhone Photos from iTunes backup

10. sullivian

sullivian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, I have experienced the similar problem before. My Android phone pictures were accidentally deleted. In order to get back all my deleted pictures, I had searched a lot over the internet and find that It was still possible to get back them back. What you need to do is just to search the iPhone Data Recovery which is a useful program to help you get back your pictures

11. businessadvicefo

businessadvicefo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is not difficult to restore your deleted picture from this android cell, if you are sure that you've saved these photos on the inner memory card.
    Pick out this card and connect it to a computer or laptop. (Never try to save anything else on this memory card in case of data loss.)
    Download memory card recovery software to get back your deleted data. There are numerous card recovery tools online.
    Preview the recovered data to see whether it is restored rightly.
    Save the restored pictures on a different drive or places in case of data recovery failure.
    In the future, you should learn to back up your data well.

12. genevievedewey

genevievedewey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you have great possibility to retrieve the pics you mistakenly deleted from Android cellphone. Those pics are still in the memory of your phone just not visible, and pics data are waiting to be written over by new data. So from now on don't use your cellphone to take more pics.
    Then the best way to retrieve your deleted pics is to use some picture recovery programs. Recommended one is Android Photo Recovery.

13. bluesjeam

bluesjeam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to retrieve deleted photos of iPhone, first of all, you should pay attention that once you deleted your data of iPhone by accident, you'd better not continue operating your iPhone again, since the new data will overwrite the data you have already lost.
    With this idea, you can recover your photo unhurriedly, which means there are chances for you to recover the lost data, you need not worry any more.
    I hope my suggestion can help you!

14. cassytatum

cassytatum
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with it. The best way to recover deleted photos is to use a recover tool...

15. nicoleB

nicoleB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the post. I thought we can't recover deleted photos.

16. mprange

mprange
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Me, too :) It is always nice to learn something new and useful.

17. ChairmanM

ChairmanM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you really deleted them and do not have a backup, they are gone. There is an off-chance (very off) that if you put the SDcard into a PC you might be able to use a data retrieval program to get them back. But success at this point is very unlikely. When you use the phone you are overwriting old deleted data thereby making it irretrievable.

The thumbnail views you see are probably in the SDcard/DCIM/.thumbnails folder. In the DCIM folder is also the 100MEDIA directory. This is where your full camera images are stored. You might want to check there, manually.

Also, make sure you didn't just accidentally change the gallery settings and possibly didn't delete them at all (i.e. Gallery | Menu | Show/Hide Items.
    You may also follow this guide: How to Recover Deleted Photos from Android

18. Menter1

Menter1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

19. davidblack

davidblack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not too much old data can be recovered because of the sdata layers, make sure when you delete something by mistake then don't put more data on the data card or memory chip. As more data comes , it becomes difficult to recover old data.

20. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm, well, I guess it might be good to try, but I think I would not risk to use it, because it might recover files, just "SOME" of it, not actually "ALL" of it.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

That is why if your going to delete it, think about it and mean it. If ever that it is accidentally done, well, you better take care of your stuff next time, always make sure that you have safety precautions for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.