How to Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drives?

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by mathewery, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathewery

mathewery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Western Digital Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of hard drive in the world. It specialized in both internal hard drive and external hard drives. The popular external hard drives these days including WD Elements Portable, WD Elements Portable SE, My Passport Essential and My Passport Essential SE. some of them have the function of backup automatically, but some are not. If you lost data unexpectedly, and do not have a backup, you need Western digita recovery software to help you restore them. Read the tutorial below to see how to recover data from Western digital external hard drives.

1. Connect the portable hard drive to PC with USB. Generally, each portable hard drive has its corresponding USB like USB2.0, USB3.0.If it is detected by the PC and appear in My Computer as a drive letter. Purchase or download Western digital data recovery software like Card Data Recovery;
    2. Launch the program, click “scan” to scan deleted files in hard drive, and you can see all lost data listed in the task list with file signaturer;
    3. Click “recover” to retrieve the lost data or you can preview them before recovery.

2. Davis.Bennett

Davis.Bennett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows data recovery from damaged FAT and NTFS file systems enables users to restore their deleted or lost files and folders. Kernel for Windows data recovery tool has been developed for this very purpose. Using this application, users can tackle issues such as Windows registry corruption, MBR loss, disk failure, deleted partition and accidentally formatted hard disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.