How To Rank For Highly Competitive Keyword?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by borgninestallone, Oct 16, 2012.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, recently i am working for one of my client site with the keyword which is highly competitive.

The keyword is indian pictures. When i took the project the keyword is not at all ranking in Google.co.in. But i was working for about two weeks now it is appearing around 430.

I need to bring in top 10 in google.co.in.

I am currently doing directory submission, social bookmarking, blog commenting, forum posting.

What i have to do in order to bring it in top 10.?

2. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On-page optimization with all white hat techniques. Regularly Update your site with unique and quality content. Do Link building with high quality and relevant back-links. For Link building Article submission, forum, bookmarking, etc. You have to also do Link Popularity which can be done through SMO i.e Social Media Optimization. Hope this can help you lot.

3. pinkypainter

pinkypainter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It takes time to compete with others whom site has been ranked higher with the keywords. Think of other keywords, ie the long-tailed keywords, which target your targeted audience better.

4. terrijhon

terrijhon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

rudradhar has shared great tips to bring your site at top page..On page is most important for a website to get ranking fast.other wise if your on page is not good then may be it penalized by Google.Make its on page good then start its of page.Your links must be relevant to your site if you want to get ranking fast and dont use spam links.

5. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    According to me, the content plays a very important role. Content should be unique with proper keywords. Make sure the keywords which are being used should be search friendly.Use keywords which are audience targetted.

6. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all there is no more images at the site which increase the worth of that image, you need to put quality images as well do social media for getting to much Google attention.

7. milina788

milina788
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To rank for a highly competitive keyword you must have to do proper optimization because highly competitive keywords have to be more focused and a single mistake can make it worse. You should create backlinks from high quality website and do not get backlinks in bulk. Only do quality submissions and do not use flash in your website due to which loading time can be increased.

8. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you have mentioned that your site is about Indian pictures then it may have less contents on the web. Somehow the highly competitive words take a long time. The main thing is that your should focus on submitting your site on those web sites that belong to India (regional web sites). Also the marketing strategies that you are using are not enough as not all blog comments have the chance of been approved by the moderator as well as the most of the blog site do not offer do follow links so it would be less chance of getting profit from blog commenting. Secondly directory and the remaining two strategies are good. You should include article submission, blogging and press release in your cart to handle with your seo campaign. Still i will add that your keyword will take long time for getting top positions.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To rank for competitive keywords, start ranking for low competitive keywords first - or variations of those competitive keywords. Start building your foundation on those keywords as it will, in turn relatively affect your rank on your targeted competitive keywords.

10. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lots of good advice above. Make sure that you are using Alt-tags on the images because they can help you get traffic. Additionally, there should be content on the site as search engines need that to determine what your site/pages are about, although the alt tags can help. Every niche is different. If I were you, I would look at who is ranking above you and examine their content. Those people are your competition and you are ranking in relation to them. Find out who's doing well and do better content-wise. I'm saying this because if you rely on backlinks alone, you could incur a penalty, especially if you are going after easy-to-get links. You have to have high-quality, original content to rank. And if your images are found elsewhere, this could work against you. There are a lot of factors involved, so look at everything. Focus on quality for each step.

11. olulola

olulola
    uix_expand uix_collapse