How to push sales of a Product similar to Branded Product?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by scifi, Jan 30, 2013.

1. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends!

I have recently sourced Some Solar Led Bulbs with sensors that will turn them off during day time. They have two modes of lightening with 7 leds that can last for 12 hours and 1 Led that can last for 5 hours after getting charged in solar light apart from being waterproof. Quality is also good with net weight of 100 gms and long battery life of 5 years.

I have also done its quality test before introducing in the market. Price is also fixed at 12$ which is much cheaper than branded products SOLAR LED available in the market...

Still I am facing trouble in pushing the sales while branded solar led is having even less features for eg they do not have seven led's and sensor ...are selling without any trouble...

What should I do ???
    Which Online platform should I use, Have already tried Ebay?

I can post the pic od the product later if you feel its neccessity!!!

2. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Your product seems to be very useful, all you lack is at marketing and creating a good sales pitch. E-bay is good but not as good as social media sites!

Try endorsing your brand on the social media sites like Facebook, Google+ and similar networks.
    Secondly associate your product with something, lets suppose kids sleeping at night all scared and so on ... or something of that sort and tag it with a punch line/sales pitch
    Now once the above is done, select a niche which you want to target
    and
    Finally optimize your product in the search engines.

I hope my pointers help you with your business!

Regards

• Like Like x 2
  3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear Tim

Many thanks for your suggestions, I will try promoting this on social media too...As the lights can be easily use for Garden lights, Night Lamps, and Of course Romantic candle light dinner (in place of candles) ;)

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

scifi what have you done to sell those products so far? Have you just listed them on eBay or have you also done something else to sell them?

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have not only listed them on ebay but also have run an email campaign carefully restricting the niche to big dealers of led in my country...Then have tried reference points too.... Apart from this have also searched for the opportunity with local buyers and dealers....

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What about contacting those dealers directly by telephone, is that something you have tried?

Large dealers will often buy from their own approved suppliers list and it can be very difficult to get onto those lists. Have you tried selling to smaller outlets? They may be more flexible as regards to what they can buy and they may also be more open to picking up a bargain that they can pass on to their clients.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I have tried both ways too, but problem with small dealers want it at a price where even my landed cost is not coming out...

Since the manufacturing facility of this product is in China, they think it low price low quality product... But I think even nike and other large european brands also have their manufacturing facilities in china too..

8. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your product is better than the branded one then you should base your sales pitch on those facts only and emphasizing on the price difference your being cheaper.
    Additionally, you can target wholesalers and retailers of electrical equipments for selling your product. And try to brand your product as well. Give it a nice name, a logo!

• Like Like x 2
  9. andrewtarant

andrewtarant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you have to use social media platform for your business marketing. Social media sites are the best for sharing business updates regularly that best to achieve target audience. Now a days many of people like to use social media site so that its the best to provide business information and products to people.

10. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm.. well many thanks for the advice..@ rocky But if I will increase the marketing cost ...margins are not very high to include cost of the same...By going for branding and logo.

is trying and will keep the updated posts on result in this thread soon..

11. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can try eBay, Amazon, CraigsList, etc. CraigsList should really help you out. Just advertise in bigger cities.

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

scifi, why don't you go for local advertisement like newspaper, TV, radio at first. So, you can see how much it attracts customers. Then, you can go for a popular online website of your area.

13. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertisement will ultimately increase the cost ....difficult to include in final MRP...

14. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertisement will surely cost you some amount. Why not try a street wall poster way? May be it can help and less expenses. I am not sure if it can help you, matters which country/city you are.

• Like Like x 1
  15. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Country is India ...devilbatista....

that's a good idea...may be can go for small single page phamphlets...

16. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promoting locally through newspapers and bulletin boards may cost you but it will help you in the long run. You could make your money back tenfold.

17. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What i meant by brand your product was to give it an identity. If the product has an unique name and a symbol it would be easier to distinguish it from the competitors and make it easier to recall so when someone uses your product he can identify it easily next time and also recommend it to others.

As far as the cost is concerned you think of a name and for logo you can hire a freelance designer who would do it cheap for you. You can use the logo and name on packaging initially and later in advertising when you can afford it.