How to promote website (medical subject) ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by elshaarawy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys. I made a simple website. This is my first website. I understand that there is not a lot of content, web design is poor and probably there are a lot of grammar mistakes (English is not my native language)... but, I'd like to know is it possible somehow to promote this website? Probably to add to some catalogs or somewhere else? One more problem is that the subject of this site is very specific and I think there are not too many people who are interested in it.

#1 elshaarawy, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can advertise on different forums like the one your own now and also on facebook and other social networks. Your site looks fine, no need to think negitive its what you feel good with that matters. If your confident in that website it will work with little dedication.

3. HooktoWin

HooktoWin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi elshaarawy, it really depends on how you want to promote your site. I'm going to list free and paid methods here.

Free promotion methods.

• Answer medical questions on Q&A sites like Quora, Yahoo Answers, etc.
    • Write guest posts on other high traffic sites. Create a bait piece or special offer to bring visitors to your site.
    • Create a list of customers in your target audience. Find and follow/friend those people on social networks.
    • Share high value content on social networks. Create small micro offers to bring customers to your site.
    • Use Google Alerts or IFTTT to create an alert for your target keywords. Set alerts to "as it happens."
    • Create content on high traffic, trusted sources (e.g. YouTube for video, LinkedIn for jobs/work, Quora for Q&A, etc.), using the keywords in your list.

Paid promotion methods.

• Write awesome blog content.
    • Create list building tripwires (exit intent popups, subscribe boxes, etc.) to attract subscribers and sign-ups.
    • Create and launch a campaign with content syndication providers like Outbrain, Taboola, or RevContent.
    • Create an autoresponder and broadcast sequence for your email subscribers. You want them to become regular visitors.
    • Launch a paid social network campaign to build fans/followers. Create social media tripwires to add them to your list.
    • Purchase remainder ads at a discount and lead traffic to a landing page. Present a free offer at your landing page.
    • Add people to your email sequence.

There's a whole lot more than you can do but I thought these ideas would be a great place to start.

Let me know if you have questions.

Andrew

4. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website is too specific. What is the purpose of this site? Only to provide the information about that particular disease? If so, then I don't think running any paid campaign is worth it.

First of all, what is your Revenue Model? How you are gonna monetize this website? Think about that.

Considering you don't have any revenue model; for this type of website, where the sole purpose is to provide information about something so specific; I think the best method of promotion would be to connect with medical communities. This include Forums, Q&A sites, blogs and groups and pages in social networks; related to medical issues.

It is useless to engage with a forum like BAF for this purpose, since your target market is not here.

It should be easier to optimize your website for keywords related to this disease since this is a very specific topic. You should be able to rank on search engines without much effort.

So, two things you should focus on; medical communities and SEO. No paid promotions; it doesn't make sense.

5. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest to participate in Medical forums, there are many forums are available on Internet.
    Also participate in Doctors profile. Suggest them your services. Write some articles & also Press Releases for your launches.

6. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I thought about that, forums and social media, but ...
    For instance I register on medical forums, added my link to signature. What next? Of course I can monitor topics of the forums day by day and if someone will post a topic about such disease like vegetative-vascular dystonia, I can answer there something and a visitor can follow my link... but this is too specific subject and I am not sure that a lot of people will look for such info on forums. Or is there another way how to attract traffic from forums?

Regarding social networks. I also thought about that. Okay, I can post my articles on fb, twitter too. But where I can find there visitors? How the visitors will know about my fb or twitter grouo? Or should I post something (what should I post?) on the similar fb groups ? by similar, I mean groups about some diseases.
    I'm thinking about it but I didn't use forums and social networks before to refer visitor on my website (this is my first website)

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

elshaarawy:

I removed the profane reference from your original post. Try not to use such words and expressions in the future.
    As far as your website is concerned, Sacrface_007 has a point. I did find minor grammar errors all over the place, but they can be easily fixed if you feel it is necessary. For the most part, your website is very informative.
    To determine how to promote your website, You need to answer a few questions. Why was it created in the first place? Was it to inform or educate - if so, who was it created for? Others have made excellent suggestions concerning forums or social media, but I wonder if some would help. This forum may not be a good fit because, as you say, not many people are interested in the subject. I would also question HookToWin's suggestion to "create small micro offers". Since your website doesn't sell anything, and was not intended to do so, what would be the point? PrestonP has the right idea. Focus on connecting with medical communities, participate in medical related forums, and in medical groups on social media sites.

8. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for reply. Do you have any examples how did you promote your website on social networks?

9. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks.
    Could you please specify few moments?
    "Write guest posts on other high traffic sites" - do you mean to write some posts on some medical websites and put there my
    link?

"Create a bait piece or special offer to bring visitors to your site." - special offer to bring visitors to your site.
    Andrew what do you mean by that and what is it? Are you talking about CPA offers?

"Create a list of customers in your target audience. Find and follow/friend those people on social networks."
    - How can I find such customers and how can I promote them my website? Could you please be a bit specific?

"Share high value content on social networks. Create small micro offers to bring customers to your site."
    Create small micro offers to bring customers to your site - as I asked before, it's CPA offer or do you mean something else?

"Use Google Alerts or IFTTT to create an alert for your target keywords. Set alerts to "as it happens."

Didn't listen about Google Alerts and IFTTT before, will learn it.

"Create content on high traffic, trusted sources (e.g. YouTube for video, LinkedIn for jobs/work, Quora for Q&A, etc.), using the keywords in your list."
    Could you please be more specific about it? If possible, just with simple example

And I think the main question to you, how do you think, is it possible to get traffic on this website and monetize some later? Or it does not make sense?

10. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course tha main purpose is to earn some money, but I am realist and I undestand that I must work hardly at first in order to get some profit.

About Revenue model. Well, I thought about Google AdSense and about CPA affiliate programs.

I also thought that I can rank my site to the top positions, but by query 'vegetative-vascular treatment' for instance, my website on 3rd page.

So, two things you should focus on; medical communities and SEO. No paid promotions; it doesn't make sense.
    Thanks. I will focus my attention on it

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Thanks. Do you mean Doctor profiles on medical forums?

11. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, sorry for that, my mistake. I will not use such phrases anymore.

Website was created to inform people about this disease and to get some useful advises
    how to treat or avoid such disease. Mostly, site was created for those people, who has already such disease.

Yes, I understand that forums and social media are main traffic sources but I am trying to understand how to use it.
    Forums: Should I answers on some posts connected with my topic and visitor will see my link in signature? Do you mean this way?
    Social media: I can't understand how people will find my fb, twitter groups or should I post something in
    other groups connected with medical subject?

Sorry for many questions guys

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Putting a link to your website in your signature, where permitted, may gain some exposure for the site. But don't limit yourself to posting only in threads related to your website subject. If you have other medical knowledge, or even non-medical knowledge, share that as well. As far as FB, Twitter, etc., you can participate in various groups so other members get to know you. Here again, you don't need to limit yourself only to medical knowledge. Whether in forums or social media, participate as much as possible, and allow members to come to you, rather than constantly promoting your website. Promotion of your website should almost be a perk, rather than the main purpose of your participation.

13. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's clear for me, thanks. But as you see my website has not many pages, it's about 6-7. If I make for instance posts on Twitter, there will be also about 6-7 posts, max - 10.
    I think this is not enough if you want to get traffic to your social media pages. What do you think? Or should I post also some other information similar about this disease too, but not from my website?

14. HooktoWin

HooktoWin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

elshaarawy, here's my answers to your questions.

"Write guest posts on other high traffic sites" - do you mean to write some posts on some medical websites and put there my link?

Sort of. Guest posting isn't a great idea if you're doing it for seo benefits. Do it to get traffic, build your reputation/credibility and develop relationships.

"'Create a bait piece or special offer to bring visitors to your site.' Andrew what do you mean by that and what is it? Are you talking about CPA offers?"

Create a resource, tool, course or bonus - something that you know as a reader I'll want. Something I'm willing to give you my email address for.

You could do something like: "12 Terrifying Signs a Heart Attack is About to Happen (to you)."

Put a link to that guide in your bio at the end of each guest post and users will subscribe. Make sure you offer (and content) is top shelf.

"How can I find such customers and how can I promote them my website? Could you please be a bit specific?"

You'll need to create a list of the demographics and psychographics of the customer that's willing and able to buy, convert, sign-up, etc.

Here's why that's so important. It tells you who you're targeting, helps you to identify what they're interested in, which ads will work, where to find them, etc.

And I think the main question to you, how do you think, is it possible to get traffic on this website and monetize some later? Or it does not make sense?

Depends on whether you're taking the free, paid or combination approach. Free marketing usually takes more time and work. Paid is instant but lasts only as long as you have money. If you have money there's a few low cost ways to get the traffic you need.

Paid traffic sources (costs money, last as long as you have $$)

Free traffic sources (takes more time)

• Answer questions on Q&A sites like Quora, Yahoo Answers, etc.
    • Write guest posts on high traffic sites (at least 100K unique visits per mo.)
    • Create a list of customers in your target audience. Find and follow/friend
    I think you can make (a lot) of money from your site, but right now it needs a lot of work. The content, design, presentation and strategy - it all needs attention.

But you're onto something here. Play it right and your site could be quite successful. Don't give up.

Let me know if this helps.

Andrew

• Like Like x 1
  15. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are only about 300 searches a month for "vegetative vascular dystonia" and you are on 11th spot. Unfortunately this just short of 1st page. But there are things that you can do. First: is the dystonia in any way related to "chronic fatigue syndrome"?

• Like Like x 1
  16. JosephTramontana

JosephTramontana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many ways to promote a health site. you can do niche guest post, make a FAQ section in your website where you can answer the questions. Interact with people and tell them about your site.

17. rajdeep01

rajdeep01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media optimization increases the visibility of your social media profiles, your social networking activity and your published content so that it is found by people searching for information and resources that relate to your content. Social media optimization helps drive traffic to your website or blog, makes it easier for others to share with their circle of influence, builds community around your brand and helps search engines index your social media profiles, social activity and blog posts more easily.

18. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In your place, I would have looked for popular keyword phrases related to the topic of your site in google planner. For sure they will be more general than the complicated medical issues you discuss on your website. However, the positioning on the more popular phrases is necessary if you want to have traffic on your website.

19. pooja.lily

pooja.lily
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looking out to your problems I suggest you to first start with basics and also improve all sort of problems you mention if editing is possible.

You said your content & web designing is not properly done so you should first make it as good as you can

There are many sites with same name, title, handle, content, description but it is one thing which makes them all different i.e. its Uniqueness
    I know it is really tough for a medical site to unique but you can try out keyword planner do some more R&D on your contents and keep it updating

Good luck!!!

20. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Elsha, as your website and product is very niche, have it as one of your strength. Target the niche people who require that. One thing for sure is for you to have the right correct content.
    If your native is not English, but you are targeting to drive traffic from english speaking countries, then you need to hire someone who can take up the web design, SEO and Social media projects for you.

For having the right communication set up-

Get involved in the local chamber, host lunch-and-learns at the local assisted living facility or library. Give out care packages to patients with all of the brochures from your ancillary services. Donate for a charity. Have presence in health fairs. Have open house inviting public. have yourself give seminars on the topic and have print publication.