How to promote site real estate ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by vtidgroup, Sep 4, 2010.

1. vtidgroup

vtidgroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are real estate developer and intend to exchange link with other real estate sites. Is it a good way to promote ? My site here: vtidgroup.com.vn

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Exchanging links can help to promote your site. You need to be careful that you don't do it too much, i.e. don't do it to the extent that you have so many outbound links from your site that it looks like a link farm.

You will get better results if you can build links that are not dependent on an exchange, i.e. get links from sites that you don't link to. This thread should be helpful to you - Can someone share some link building tips?.

3. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In theory, SE's don't link link exchanges. It's not a legitimate vote of confidence (which is the entire premise behind backlinks being important in SERPs).

In practise, there's very little they can do about it. In a huge number of cases, reciprocal linking will happen organically outside of 'agreed' link exchanges or reciprocal linking agreements (e.g. if you get a positive article in the media regarding your site/business, you're going to want to link to it from your site).

For that reason, SE's are aware that it will happen in a lot of legitimate cases outside of the 'agreed exchanges' they don't want and are willing (or forced) to accept it. They then take the stance of 'as long as it's not excessive' rather than attempting an outright 'can't do it'.

As long as you take some care on who you link with (as touched on by Fergal), don't 'overdo it' (subjective at best), ensure you only link with sites that your users might/will benefit from (you don't want your users being spammed with non relevant links on your site), don't exchange with direct competition that could cost you business (this is nothing to do with SEO, that's simply competitive common sense) and don't spam other webmasters in an effort to grow your links (again, that's just protecting your reputation), it's a fine strategy that will benefit you.

Do remember that no two links are the same. If you end up spending a large amount of time gaining links that are of little or no value, you're simply wasting your own valuable time.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think everything regarding link exchange is already tackled by Fergal and Paul here.
    Aside from link exchanges, there are still other methods of promoting your site. Some of them includes banner advertising, social bookmarking, social networking like Facebook fan pages, and forum posting.

5. Nancy winslet

Nancy winslet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchange for SEO

Link exchange might be helpful for improving ranking in SERP if partner sites are theme related sites.

6. vtidgroup

vtidgroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for all, I will try to improve the contents of our website with update and our own analysis. Link exchange will be a part of the works.

7. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

vtidgroup, welcome to Business Advice forum. :) Is your company aligned with any real estate associations or membership organisations? Perhaps you could find link exchange opportunities through them if they have a directory of members that includes their website addresses.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF vtidgroup.
    You could also try out Facebook ads. It's a PPC program which targets Facebook users worldwide.
    I have heard that there are companies who get successful in their site promotion using this method.
    Check out this page more info regarding this method: http://www.facebook.com/advertising/?campaign_id=402047449186&placement=pflo&extra_1=0

9. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google make billions of dollars every year from the AdWords-AdSense combo. Why is that? Because they work. Ad words are probably the most efficient method to generated raw traffic for your website. In order to get started you should create an account, add lots of keywords that are related your site and set the maximum Pay-per-Click .

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say use the advertisement if you willng to spend money. The reason is your website will get better explose and you might get some backlink throught the advertisement.

11. neil10anderson

neil10anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For promoting site
    There are many ways to promote your website. For your site promoting you should give link in Directory submission, forum posting and write article, and blog for your site. By using this approaches, you will find improvement in PR of your web page.

12. ImranJameel

ImranJameel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another method to promote your website is to make use of Site maps. It implies giving all information of your site page to the search engines. This helps them to know and rank your website in a way that it gets best possible promotion.

13. Felix07Richerd

Felix07Richerd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I give a best point to promote your real estate website, fist of all create a press release about your business and services and then publish it on relevant website. I hope you will get the best result.