How to promote my website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by angola, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angola

angola
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a website(www.milanoo.com) for clothing wholesale. And I need to promote online. So how can i promote it?
    Thanks so much.

#1 angola, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  2. SMSmarketing

SMSmarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Angola,
    It looks to me like you already know how to promote your site. You have a google pagerank of 4, thousands of backlinks and you have been indexed over 3 million times. So what exactly are you looking for?

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Like SMSmarketing, I noticed you are already doing well. You are ranked in Google's top twenty for over 25,000 phrases, and they get a lot of traffic. These could, however, be simply descriptions of the items you carry. I also noticed you have about 26,000 backilinks, although it would take awhile to check the quality of them all. Are you looking for specific phrases that you cannot get ranked for, but would like to be? Or. are you looking for alternative ways to promote your site, including offline sources?
    I also noticed you are spending several thousand dollars for over 1700 phrases in Adwords. Are you looking to more efficiently spend your money here, making sure your money is being spent when an where it will do the most good?
    Be a little more specific, and we'll try to find the best ways to help you.

4. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this guy is working in the SEO deptt of the milanoo and just post a thread without thinking... No rudeness this is just my guess

5. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd do some serious analysis on the keyword phrases you are choosing in title tags. Personally, I would consolidate them more and be certain that they inspire consumer confidence. Spammy title tags flag low budget to me somehow and I'm not as apt to make a purchase from a site. So while you should target your keyword phrases in your title tag, remember that the title tag is what shows up in search results. Does it, and the accompanying description tag inspire a click through? Ranking doesn't do much good without clicks and conversions.

#5 freelancemom, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  6. charliebrown408

charliebrown408
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can take help from the seo. SEO is working on web promotion and advertisements of the products. Here you can send your domain and can do seo work to promote your site.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you might consider to use B2B platform, craigslist and spend some money on advertising

8. ranjittarika

ranjittarika
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can promote by submitting your website to bookmarking sites.thats the best option.

9. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For promotion purposes use Social bookmarking and social networking sites..These sites help in driving traffic..

10. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start offpage optimization of your site. You can post blogs, articles and also use social media. Since your site is fashion related, you can generate a lot of traffic from social media.

11. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site may have PR4 and millions of backlinks but it doesn't appear a single time on Google's first page search results for any of his keywords. The best reult was for "fashion apparel online": 11th position(2nd page). He won't get much traffic from Google with this kind of results...

Besides this, it takes a lifetime to load...or is it my internet connection?

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Milanoo.com is ranked in Google's top twenty for over 28,000 keywords. I couldn't check all of them, but out of the first 200, 138 are in the top five, with anywhere from between 1,000 an 2,000 searchers/month to tens of thousands of searches per month. You may, however, have a point. After all, even with all the high rankings the site does have, why would angola be looking for help to promote the site? Could it be that the site is ranking for descriptions of products, but cannot get ranked for general phrases such as "fashion apparel online", as you pointed out, or "discount women's apparel"? Knowing what angola wants to accomplish would help point us in the right direction.

13. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joseph, I only ran a search for some keywords in the meta tags: "cheap wedding dresses, discount costumes, wholesale apparel, fashion apparel online, cheap wholesale apparel" and those were the results returned by Google. To my understanding these would be the keywords they should aim at getting high-ranked, or am I wrong?

Oh, I forgot this: they are in the top position for "professional China apparel wholesaler". (mentioned on the "Description" tag.)

My first suggestion would be to do something about their slow loading pages, I'd give up doing business with them for the time it takes to load a page...:)

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As I mentioned in my post, knowing what angola wants to accomplish would help point us in the right direction. Perhaps the phrases the site is ranking for are too specific. Also, it depends on the type of searcher being targeted - a reseller might search a phrase like "Wholesale women's apparel" where a consumer would search "discount women's apparel". On the other hand, your last comment could be right - several of the phrases the site is ranking for get over 1,000 searchers a month, so maybe promotion is not the problem. Perhaps the site itself needs to be fixed so it doesn't take too long to load.

15. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just by looking here on a Google search link:www.milanoo.com , you can see that your targeted keywords are all over the place. You should really target 2 or 3 and when you've got them, you can expand on them. Try to avoid using the name "Milanoo" as you want people to find your site, but if they already know it, then it wouldn't make any sense. Stick to middle to high advertiser keywords but phrases which people may search. One of your targeted keywords was "apparel" which would be very hard to get the number one ranking due to the current sites being well established worldwide with a known name.

16. Jenson

Jenson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well instead of me providing advice, I think it would be more appropriate if it's the other way round.... that is you advising me on what to do. :p Anyway, with already solid position in search engine ranking, I would go for social networking like facebook or twitter to further build up the reputation and gather more traffic.
    Seriously, I really envy your site. That is something what I've always wanted to build in my life. Do share your success stories as well.

17. jaguar2

jaguar2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    There are literally thousands of things you can do to promote and advertise your Web site, here are just a few I have found.

1. Tell your audience what kind of support they'll get after they buy. It could be free consulting, tech support, free servicing, etc. This may also answer some of their buying questions ahead of time. People don't want to buy products without knowing you will be there to help if they have problems.
    2. Ask people at the end of your copy why they decided not to buy. This will give you new ideas on how to produce ad copy that's more profitable. Have a web form or e-mail link in place so they can answer you. You may find out they don't like your guarantee or graphics. It could be anything.
    3. Think of ways to get your site or business in the the news. You could sponsor a fundraiser, break a world record, hold a major event, etc. Simply write a press release about what you've accomplished, then send it to media outlets that cater to your target audience.
    4. Hold a contest on your Web site. Give other web sites the option of offering it to their visitors. This'll multiply your advertising all over the Internet. It would become a viral contest. Of course the contest must either be ongoing or held regularly so you could allow other online publishers to offer it to their visitors or subscribers.
    5. Tell your potential customers that your ordering system is highly secure. Also reassure them that you take every effort to protect them. People want to feel they are safe online. They want to know that you care about their well-being. Tell them all about what you currently do for them to make them feel more secure.

thanks!!

18. bedinbags

bedinbags
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is many ways to promote their websites through online.You can submit Directories, Social bookmarking, Articles that means Seo and Smo is the best way to promote their business. But today's one way is most famous way to promote their websites that is Social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, linked-in, etc. You can share your views and interact with the users directly to discussion about that topic which you think best to attract the more users.

19. shayaristore

shayaristore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start articals submission .It is the best way of pramotion

20. Sterling

Sterling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can promote by SEO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.