how to promote my business fan page

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by sconinc, Aug 30, 2010.

1. sconinc

sconinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i having fan page on face book than plz some one tell me how to increase my fan page visitor.?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first thing to do would be to share the fan page with all your FaceBook friends. Then link to it as much as possible and use every opportunity to tell people about it.

Do you have your own website?

3. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's very difficult to comment without knowing what your facebook business page is about and who it is aimed at. A few 'general' options to consider:

- Competition / Free give away (linked to 'like'ing the page)
    - Special offers (voucher codes, 10% off, etc.) for users who 'like' the page
    - Provide valuable and relevant advice on the page, give users a reason to follow it
    - Keep it active and updated while encouraging your fans to participate
    (not only makes it more beneficial for the users, but also means that the updates/posts appear in front of a larger audience in the existing followers news feeds)
    - Provide a link to your page on your website, emails, forum signatures, etc.
    (pull marketing, where the users come to you, is more effective than push marketing)
    - Optimise the page for conversions
    (use an application like static FBML to produce a welcome page which clearly outlines what you do, how it helps the user and provides a clear call to action)

When you've exhausted every other avenue...
    - Advertise the page
    (I work in this area, so a vested interest, but I always go to pains to ensure that clients exhaust every other avenue before going down the route of 'paying' for fans. Facebook advertising provides extremely detailed demographic targeting to ensure you hit your target market, but paying for something you can get for free is just bad business)

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let us know a link to your Fanpage so we can check on it and what are the steps to be needed to improve the number of your fans.

I, too, own a Facebook fan page for my blog and for the first months my page is online, I have been struggling on getting new fans each day. If I'm not mistaken, I have been stocked before at 300+ fans. But now, I'm near to the 1k mark.

What I did is this:
    1. Create a fan page picture that best represents your fan page. Here are a few example: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/inspiration/facebook-fan-page-profile-images/
    2. Create a custom username for your page. Here's how: http://www.businessadviceforum.com/showthread.php?t=11913
    3. Promote it on related fan pages. And post a link to it on your site, if you have one.
    4. Invite your friends.
    5. Update the page regularly and interact with the posts made by your fans.

Hope those helped you.

5. Nancy winslet

Nancy winslet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook fan

Just communicate with existing friends & increase updates with attractive post. It might be helpful for you...

6. ImranJameel

ImranJameel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7. Azertyle

Azertyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8. Jessica John

Jessica John
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys thanks for putting good suggestion ......
    Having fans is a great spot to interact easily with fans or users supplying entertainment and quality content and just having fun.if you are using another site just like just like Twitter its need to work on creating lists to easily invite those in my network. Another possible way to drive fans is by holding a contest directed back towards the page, although with the new Fb TOS that may be more difficult.,,,,

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What particular term are you referring to?

10. chemicals

chemicals
    uix_expand uix_collapse

inviting enough friends to ur page.then update latest information of ur company or something.

11. InspiroHost

InspiroHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Invite People From Your Facebook Friend Lists

2. Find People With Facebook Search

3. Attract People With Facebook Social Ads

4. Facebook Fan Page Twitter App

5. Facebook Fan Box Widget

12. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Sconinc,

I've been studying facebook for the last couple of months and in particular fan pages as they are such an incredibly powerful way to advertise your business / services.

I managed to get to 1000 fans in 24 days and it's climbing daily.

There are 10 key strategies I used to get fans these include;

1. Facebook friends
    2. Posting on groups
    3. Creating a group
    4. Linking to blog
    5. Linking to You Tube
    6. Twitter
    7. Fiverr
    8. Creating events
    9. Free Gifts
    10. Marketplace

There are also loads of other strategies, so I'm just scratching the surface at the moment.

As I built the page and went about promoting etc I decided to record all my learnings. I made some free videos explaining how to create a page, add a landing page, add video etc and then explode your fans. I'm still working on part 2 of exploding your fans.

You can see the videos here; http://www.freefanpagetemplates.com please note you can watch all the videos without opting in by just clicking the boxes on the right of the page. You only need to optin if you want the templates (the videos explain).

Please feel free to have a look at the videos, they're free because I wanted to build my reputation / comments and testimonials etc.

I hope they help.

Jo :)

13. harjos

harjos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Send invitation to your subscribers through emails and encourage them to join. Instead of promoting personal profile include a link to the fan page. Load the photos to the fan page and encourage the fans to tag themselves. Place face book ads. when you advertise your fan page, face book users can become fans right from the ad. Then monitor the response to this techniques.

14. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase your Fans you can:

Insert a like button on your website.
    Insert a like button on your Blog (If you have one).
    Invite your Facebook friends.
    Insert your link into your email signature.
    Insert Facebook link into your Instant Messaging Status.
    Invite friends from other networks like Twitter, LinkedIn etc.

These are some ways that can increase your number of Fans.