How to promote local business listing site in Social Media

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Raman, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Raman

Raman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have a local business listing site where people can add their business listing, with more that 50 categories and 25+ cities. Please tell me some social media strategy for local business listing site...

#1 Raman, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Charu494

Charu494
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, its a good idea. This strategy is widely used by many entrepreneurs these days. You can promote your site by using various social media platforms. By creating page and inviting your friends and other people to like that page.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rather than creating a page and inviting people to like it, I would use the page to inform businesses about the advantages of a business listing, and what information a business listing can provide to their potential customers. Occasionally, you will, of course, promote your site, but using your social media primarily to promote your site would alienate the people you want to join.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Charu494

Charu494
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree. But somehow we have to take initiative. Through these pages we have to provide an effective content to the audience which influence them and provide useful information regarding the same.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Isn't that what I said? Granted, I specifically mentioned business listings because of the thread subject. but you are correct. In general terms, any business Facebook page should be used to inform and educate the intended audience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is a great tool to use if you'd like to promote your business, especially if you're just starting out and don't have a big budget for marketing/advertising. By utilizing these social media platforms, you can easily reach a bigger market for your business. You can also opt for paid advertising if you have a bit of budget to spend.

7. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should really try to replicate what your competition is trying to achieve. I am guessing you have a site similar to Yelp right?

I know what works for your competitors doesn't guarantee that it will work for you too but atleast you can get an idea as to where your competition is heading.

8. Varun Roy

Varun Roy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can post the classifieds and also you can join the groups and communities in social media platforms. Be active in question answers and reply back, if someone has already posted any query for business listing. This will help you to make your business listing sites availability among the users.

9. Euan

Euan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. Mitch carson

Mitch carson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To me the best ways:
    create paid campaign and target your local audience properly. Must set daily budget and review the outcome. these ways you can continue to build. Thanks