How to promote a travel group in a mobile app?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by simplyjo, Sep 30, 2015.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

I have recently joined an app as a group manager and started my own travel group (About my travel experiences, tips, pics, videos etc etc ).

I would love to get more eyeballs and active users to my group - Already told friends and family but I want to go beyond and reach out to other globetrotters.

Any suggestions ?

J

2. Sonu Maurya

Sonu Maurya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many different ways to promote your app, so we've broken it ... With a mobile app analytics and app marketing tool like Localytics, you ... You can specifically target that group with an in-app messaging ... Get Travel Diary, which is a very easy, and nice app, where you can keep track on your trips

3. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could do social marketing. Now a days it is a very popular and effective way to promote your products and services. I think, You will get some globetrotters pretty soon, good luck.

4. Richard Stevens

Richard Stevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Get in Touch

The marketing of a product ideally starts before its birth. Do not rely solely on your development company during the building phase; identify authentic, honest influencers & entrepreneurs who have similar interests as far as your app goes.

2. Customers Are Your “Press”

Customers are the backbone of any business and it is because of them many businesses enjoy continued success.

3. Leverage Your Mobile Website

If you have a mobile website that gets a decent amount of traffic, it’s time to use that to your app’s advantage. These people are ideal candidates for a ‘targeted group’ who will be happy to use your app right from the get go. Take special care while working on the architecture and think how you can make it easy for them to spot your app.

4. Feature the App in an Official Blog

Write a complete story about your app and let your audience know the purpose behind it. Tell them how this app can facilitate and make things easy for them. Include your app links, screenshots and videos to help them get a good understanding.

5. Focus on Emails

Emails still have their charm provided they’re used under the right circumstances. According to a study by Exact Target, “91% people check their email daily”. Capitalize by incorporating your app links into newsletters, customer service emails and also make it a habit to use it in email signatures.

6. Create a Demo Video

Choose the most creative person in your organization to nail this part down. Create a video that clearly speaks out its purpose. Make it humorous, entertaining and informative so that your audience can easily relate to it. Publish it in your official YouTube channel and also embed it within content you’ll be producing in future.

7. Consider Alterative App Stores

Do not rely only on Google Play & App Store; there are various other app stores on the online market where you can upload your app. According to One Platform Foundation, if an app is submitted on other relatively less popular stores, it will increase the expected downloads 200% more compared to Google Play.

8. SEO Matters Here

Yes, I’m talking about SEO not ASO… what happens is your app URL shows up in search results when users key-in related queries; for example when they look up music apps, you want your app to start popping up among the first 5 entries or so, before users hit Enter.

10. Reach Out Like Mr. Fantastic

Don’t rely on App Stores alone. Explore Google’s search engine and believe me it can do wonders for your app.

11. Join Developers & Entrepreneurs Groups on Social Media

Increase your visibility on social media groups & communities, especially Linkedin, Google+ and Facebook, to become better known among entrepreneurs & app developers go.

5. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to promote your app in Social Media, like Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, etc because people are using them on their mobile and its easy to promote your app. Also you can apply the bonus cards like "Install the app and get 30% off on ......", "Install the app and get 20 Re-charge for free". So people use it and download it from app store.

6. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi J

First you need to have a website that represents your business then your app will be included within the site but you need to have a great exposure along with your interesting experiences in travel field. Try to use different platforms to promote your app like forum sites that are related to travel.

7. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips guys. Yes I tried major travel sites and forums for exposure and good some good response. Always looking for new , innovative ways to grow though :)

8. william jones

william jones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to promote is to talk about your travel group in all the possible channels like forum, blogs and social media like Facebook, twitter, linkedin etc.