How to profit in online games?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by pennymen, Aug 12, 2011.

1. pennymen

pennymen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My son once ask me how computer developer can generate income making online games, I don't have a faint idea how they do it. Is it through advertisement? Just a newbie here, just asking.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i myself have a flash arcade site but i too don't know it. :D
    but they may earn thru ads or license deals probably. mochimedia is where i get some games for my flash site and they do offer developers API to earn and at the same time mochimedia distributes thier games.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally they earn from ads, it can be banner selling, ppc sdvertising or/and affiliate program. Some are earning those the game selling or credit selling

4. GamingOn

GamingOn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online games earn money from people buying credits in the game i have a client with games a brother of mine he makes allot of money selling in-game items and points.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The main ways that gaming companies generate profit from their games are as follows:
    • Through selling the games
    • By giving free access to the game but charging for premium membership
    • By selling items associated with the game, e.g. virtual property, weapons and tools within the games
    • By selling advertising space on gaming websites.
    Individual developers can earn money by working for a gaming company, working on a freelance basis or by setting up their own gaming business.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mehamgul101

mehamgul101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well their biggest source of earning here as all the users have explain is by adding the ads on their websites so this gives them a respectable profit through the websites and there are also some other source of making money like by taking the regestration fee or anything else

7. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would also like to tell as other say that ads are the source of income for them. They create ads and promote on websites for online games. I think now you got the point.