How to move your Facebook photos to Google+

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Jerlene, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To move your Facebook pictures, you'll first need to download all your albums, then reupload them to Google+. A Web tool like Move2Picasa will do this for you in one shot, but a field test deemed this service unreliable. Try our method instead.

Download your photos

Option A: Go to Facebook > Account > Account settings > Download your information. After some time (several hours to a day), Facebook will notify you that your download is ready. Download it, unzip it, and you'll find all your albums in the "Photos" folder.

Option B: Go to PickNZip.com and log in with Facebook. Click "Find My Photos," then head to Download > Download all photos. This will download all of your uploaded albums and any photos you've been tagged in. Once you've downloaded the file, unzip it.

Security tip: After using Pick&Zip, go to Facebook > Privacy settings. Go to "Edit Settings" under Apps and Website, and head to "Apps you use" and remove Pick&Zip.

Upload Facebook albums to Google+

Go to Google+ > View Profile > Photos > Upload New Photos. Click "Select photos from computer," locate the album you want to upload, highlight all of its enclosed photos, and select "Open."

Once the photos have uploaded, give the album a name, and select "Create album." Then, post a comment about the album and select which circles or individuals you'd like to share it with.

Tip: You can always change album visibility. Go to your profile > Photos > View all of your albums. Select the album, and change "Visible to."

Thanks, cNet, for the guide.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to simple share button facebook to Google + and Google + to facebook. is it possible ?

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think this is possible, as earlier time Google + try to run their application at facebook, but it is blocked. Why? Facebook want to avoid Google+ steal their users.

4. jena

jena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i just use share button, this is a very long procedure.

5. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How is google+ I've heard some mixed reviews, mostly negative. Guess it takes a while to get familiar with new social networking sites. Especially if there is fb to contend with.

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's alright but it's not the best for personal use. For that, I would stick to Facebook.