How to monitor SEO expert's work?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Jan 23, 2014.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now that google's analytics report does not show the search engine ranking according to keywords and phrases, how can one monitor the progress of the work done by a SEO expert? How can I make sure that my webisite is climbing up on google search results due to the work done by my SEO expert?

2. anglenasmith

anglenasmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have to ask that question you have hired the wrong expert.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although her(?) post is a bit short, anglenasmith has a point. You shouldn't have to monitor an SEO provider's work. They should be sending you reports at least once a month to show you the progress of your website. You should be notified where your website was at the beginning of the reporting period, and where it is at the end. They should be able to give you a report on the links they are sending to your website, including where they are coming from, and answer any questions you may have about them. To answer your last question, there should be no doubt about whether or not the increase, if any, is due to the work of the SEO provider. Why would there be? If your SEO provider is doing their job properly, your website's rankings will rise. That's what you hired them for.

4. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Metric To Evaluate SEO Expert's Work

Hi,

I concur with the opinion of joeroxx: after paying them for their services, it is the job of the expert to provide you with periodic feedback on how your site is doing on the search front. I wish there were some metric that would help a site admin/owner to see how well their efforts have performed, automatically, specifically for such cases.

5. Sean_DeSilva

Sean_DeSilva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there's a great tool called market samurai that allows you to run scans on your target key terms and see how your website moves up or down the ranks.

6. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to monitor seo expert work. Just told me to send you all work report in excel format. I mean on which directories he submit your website. also details of forums and blog posting by excel sheet. You can just visit those url and monitor the work. I seem this is best way to monitor work