How to market to teenagers and upcoming/recent college graduates

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by jdro218, Oct 13, 2011.

1. jdro218

jdro218
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

I want to create my first blog (maybe blogs). It's all very overwhelming. So first, is there an area here to tell me the steps to get a blog going and how to get it to show up on Google searches? I read somewhere I have to submit my blog to Google or something like that, but I don't know how to do that. I'm really new at this, but want to learn all about blogging and advertising sites through my blog(s).

Second, does anyone know the best way to target teenagers and upcoming/recent college graduates? I'm looking for people who need/want to earn money. My blog(s) will be centered on the websites that I've tested and are sure to be legitimate for earning money online (all family friendly and many of you probably know some of them already).

I want to get referrals, bottom-line. And I think people who have time on their hands and want to earn some money might take a look at my blog and click on my suggested referrals. I just don't know how to get to the market I want. I don't have a strong facebook or twitter presence. I only opened those accounts to try to get referrals, but they aren't helping, so I thought a blog with banners and links, and good writing might help me get referrals.

I have no idea where to start. Will I have to pay to a list of my target audience? Should I join other social media sites? But it I join them, how do I get people to follow me (that's the problem I have with FB & twitter).

I'm also interested in the stay-at-home mom market, which is pretty big. I've found some forums for this but not enough. I need real, solid leads or websites to post my message about my blog on.

Sorry for the long post. Any info that anyone is kind enough to give me will be very much appreciated.

2. aarisindia

aarisindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Treat your blog as if it were your biggest and most important marketing tool.
    2) Find relevant blogs within the blog community and offer to write as a guest blogger for the blog.
    3) Write a blog entry on a subject that is controversial in natureā€¦
    4) Introduce yourself to other bloggers that are writing on subjects that are similar to what you are writing on.
    5) Write about key topics, covering them in a series form so all of the articles that fall into the series are linked to one another.

Get on the radar screen for the popular search engines such as Google and yahoo by submitting your blog's URL to them. Most search engines provide a 'Submit' link (or something similar) to notify the search engine of your new blog, so those search engines will crawl it and include your pages in their results.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jdro218

jdro218
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips.

Why include a controversial subject in my blog?

If my blog is about sites I used to earn extra $$, how would I seque a controversial subject onto an innocuous blog like the one I want to create? How do you (or anyone else) do this without it looking weird on the blog?

How do I introduce myself to other bloggers? By writing comments to their blogs? Or by sending them messages? I'm really new at this, can't you tell?!