How to make your first $100 from your website

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by agentmanningctu, Aug 15, 2010.

1. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Earning money from your website is hard. The first dollar is always the hardest, but it gets easier from there. The next major achievement is $100, so hopefully these tips will help you get there much faster.

If your website is user-friendly, visitors may wish to support the site. It would be highly beneficial to create some sort of high-level usergroup with lots of benefits. Charge a monthly, yearly, or one-time fee for people to join this group. Some common benefits are ad-removal, access to a special part of the site for high-level members only, behind the scenes details and even merchandise. If you are at a loss, take a survey. Ask your regulars what they would like in a VIP membership.

If your site gets a lot of traffic, you can earn tons of money by using an affiliate shop such as Amazon Affiliates. With Amazon Affiliates, you can create a custom shop for your site. You can add whatever items you like and you earn 15% of all sales. Make sure you try to add items that are related to your niche. If you run a sports website, pick items such as jerseys, caps, etc. If you run a movie review website, add every movie you have reviewed so that readers can buy that movie if they are interested.

Now, if your site is getting a lot of visitors, you may wish to look into putting paid advertisements on your website. Google Adsense is the most common ad program, but it doesn’t pay that well and can be very hard to use. A popular choice is Adhitz. With Adhitz, your site is listed for potential advertisers to see. They can sort by statistics, niche and price. It’s an easy way for both the seller and buyer to get the most out of their ads. Adhitz is easy to use, but it also has many tutorials for those new to paid advertisements.

You can also take advertisement requests from individuals, such as “Pay $20 to have your banner ‘here’”. In order to do this, you will need to look at your website and find space for advertisements. Find out where you have room for ads with pictures and straight text links. Make a page on your website called “Advertise With Us” or something similar so that viewers can easily see your prices and information. If you give proof of your site’s statistics, you should see customers very soon.

There are hundreds of ways to earn money from your websites. I listed some pretty common, fast and easy ways. You can also sell website themed merchandise, articles and more. It’s important that you try new things. Give new methods of money making a chance. Stick with them, be patient and put effort into your work and you will earn plenty of money.

2. Trader Gregg

Trader Gregg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I get people to know about my site in the first place? I have sent it out to my friends on Facebook and posted it on sites like BAF. That's all I can think of so far.

3. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've tried Amazon Affiliates but wasn't very successful. I will take your advice though and check out Adhitz. Apparently, Clickbank are also worth a try.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Trader Gregg, you should really start a new thread in our Online Marketing, Advertising & SEO section in order to get answers to your question. Please include your website address and any other relevant info, in your thread.

5. mark333

mark333
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you should definetely try clickbank. It is what I have used for a long time and they always pay me on time! :)

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The proper way is keep adding quality informative content. However, many blogmaster and webmaster are trying to get the traffic fast, and they went for SEO

7. nadavfima

nadavfima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I should try adhintz