How to Make One Way Links Effective.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by suejim, Dec 26, 2011.

1. suejim

suejim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are very many ways that are currently being used for search engine optimization in the internet world today. Competition has forced website owners to come up with ways of getting browsers to visit their sites.

There are very many ways that are currently being used for search engine optimization in the internet world today. Competition has forced website owners to come up with ways of getting browsers to visit their sites. This is in a bid to increase traffic and also get good ranks from search engines.

One of the most common ways used is back linking. This involves having links that lead back to your website from other sites. However, while back linking is effective, some forms of linking are more effective than others. One way links are said to be more valued by search engines than any other links. One way links are links that only point to your site and you are not obligated to reciprocate by placing a link on your website.

However as you get one way links you should also have in mind the target or niche market you would like to reach out to. This is where niche one way links building comes into play. As you place links out there you need to ensure that a reasonable number of your target niche will see the link and actually follow it. This is usually referred to as niche one way links building as the links are strategically placed to target a specific market.

For instance if your website has to do with fashion industry products and services, then the best website to place your links is one that deals with the exact same content. In other words the website hosting your link should be relevant to yours. Niche one way links building usually has a higher success rate as compared to other link building methods because it is not a gamble. The difference is that in other link building methods you place the links and hope that browsers interested in the type of content in your website will see it. Niche one way links building eliminates this ambiguity and leads you straight to where you can find potential clients.

With niche one way links building you are sure that your targeted market will see the links. The only thing left uncertain here is the number of browsers who will actually follow the link. Either way the probability of getting traffic as a result of using niche one way links building is higher than in other link building types.

If you intend to hire an SEO company to create one way links for your site you have to be careful as you are definitely bound to come across unscrupulous firms that use unethical methods to create one way links. This is usually very dangerous as it could easily get your site banned or shunned by search engines.

Lastly, to be able to carry out an effective one way link building campaign, you need to understand the contents of your website well in relation to other sites and also browsing trends. This will enable you to identify the relevant websites that have the potential of getting you good incoming traffic.

2. Jashandeep

Jashandeep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friend I am highly thankful to you for this post .Its very knowledgeable post for us.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, where you place the links depends on the reason why you are placing them. If you are placing links in places where potential customers or clients will see them, than by all means place them in related sites. Of course, these links will also be picked up by the search engines. However, if you are placing the links for SEO purposes, it is not necessary to place links only on related sites - this will be seen as suspicious, and will possibly do more harm than good. Although you may naturally get some links from related sites, for SEO purposes, it is important to have links from a wide variety of sites.

No doubt there are many unscrupulous firms in the SEO industry, using unethical methods and making promises that they know they cannot keep, in order to make money. There are also firms that are giving out inaccurate information, not because they are deliberately trying to mislead someone, but because they simply do not know better. Therefore, when searching for an SEO firm, it is important to make sure their knowledge and skills are up-to-date, and they are not using outdated techniques, in addition to making sure they are not using unethical techniques.

This is also a good idea, not for the reasons given, but to make sure that you are using keywords that your potential customers or clients are searching. Getting ranked for keywords no one searches is a waste of time and money.

4. suejim

suejim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for you give me so long replay.You are a experts for SEO.

5. suejim

suejim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are welcome,It is my pleasure.I have so much knowledge to learn.

6. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great post. When posting, I always see to it that the site that I am linking is the same niche as mine.

7. shirly

shirly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

that's the right message that i am looking for,thanks very much for sharing,suejim

8. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They best way to get one way links to do 3 or 4 way link exchange. It’s still benefits a lot because Google still not have a strong algorithm to figure it out. You only need to make 4,5 sites and try to increase their PR not the SERP rank. Afterwards request a blogger to link to your site (main site) and give them link back from some other site (supporting sites).
    Please don’t make a pattern use them randomly or you caught in Google penalty because Google easily detects the pattern.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. I have read that getting one way links is good, but having both inbound and outbound links are better. I mean, if you get incoming links for your website, you should also maintain a good number of outbound links for your website to another website. It is like link hoarding so it quite hurt your website when you do it. I personally make good link exchanges/one way links for my website and I also maintain a good number of outgoing links from my website.

Thanks,
    Alex

10. katherine

katherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    The one way links (backlinks) are only effective when they are from niche category content.

11. dsam

dsam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you there, although some things might be unethical but where you need to stand in high competition you have to deploy these techniques. If your competitors are using them and you aren't then you would soon be kicked off from SERP's.

12. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Awesome. Thank you very much for the added knowledge.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As I mentioned in my previous post, it is not necessary to use only links from niche sites, although you will get some naturally. Because you will naturally get visitors from a variety of sites, you should get links from a variety of sites.

I would not encourage using unethical techniques just because others get away with it. Anyone who is caught using unethical techniques can be penalized by SE's. It is incorrect to say that a website can get penalized for not using unethical techniques when others are apparently getting away with it.

14. dsam

dsam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Joseph, thanks for the reply... It is obvious with most of the SE's guidelines that unethical methods are strictly penalized. But even then are the SE's efficient enough to differentiate them out. Even paid links are an unethical means to gain SEO importance but then also the paid linking contributes heavily to the link profile even for some of the highly renowned websites.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Thanks for providing the link to Google's Webmaster Gudelines. I followed the link, and found this:

"The best way to get other sites to create relevant links to yours is to create unique, relevant content that can quickly gain popularity in the Internet community. The more useful content you have, the greater the chances someone else will find that content valuable to their readers and link to it. Before making any single decision, you should ask yourself the question: Is this going to be beneficial for my page's visitors?

It is not only the number of links you have pointing to your site that matters, but also the quality and relevance of those links."

It is that last sentence that is the most important when looking for an SEO firm. On the other hand, if you are doing the SEO work yourself, the first paragraph gives very valuable information. Interestingly, it says nothing about only getting links from websites related to yours, although it does say "relevant content...can quickly gain popularity in the Internet community." The "Internet community" includes a wide variety of sites, not just sites related to yours.

Again, thanks for the link - many of the other members of this forum will find it very helpful..

16. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Outbound links will also provide some boost to site if your site has good (high authority) outbound links. There is no physical proof available but I am sure some authority SEO sites are trying to find one.

17. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't link out too much and have never accepted advertising. It works since my content is very relevant and updated regularly. But it's a lot of work.

18. katherine

katherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agreed, but as organic visitors are important just like that, links from the relevant category will be beneficial.

19. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Highly effective backlink - .EDU site, with a PR of 7+, in the Niche you targeting, with a keyword linking to a deep page on your site <-- A Darn Good Backlink!