How To Make Money Online For Beginners

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by JBMedia, Aug 26, 2011.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now, I have already posted this in a thread, however, this topic seems to come up time and time again. So here's what I plan on doing and hopefully current and new BAF members can refer to this in looking forward to earning extra revenue online.

I do plan on updating this OP as often as I personally see fit with new ways of making money online for beginners and also adding any other BAF members suggestions that are substantial and informative.

*NOTE*
    Please do not post in this thread with advice such as "You can make money by affiliate marketing", etc. If you're going to offer some advice for some new comers, please make it advice and advise them how they should go about doing it. It does not need to be a step by step plan, but a general idea so that they can start getting their feet wet.

Here's the beginning of what I had in another post, and as I've stated above, I will be adding on to this.

Today, there is many ways to make extra revenue online. To be honest, a lot of people make their living online. Does that mean you can do the same? Sure it does. Here's the first thing I want you to understand though, seeing how a lot of people who try to make money online do not. It takes time, dedication, and hard work.

In all of my business classes I've taken in the past, there's one line that was always constantly repeated. That line is, "There's no such thing as a free lunch". Of course you can make a killing online, but most of the time this happens, it's due to dedication, knowledge, hard work, and perseverance.

So let's go over a few ways that most people make money online these days.

1. Blogging:
    Blogging has become one of the most popular things online. It's a way people can have their own voice, about whatever they want to speak about. Anyone can blog, and it's quite simple. How do people make money with blogging is the real question though. People generally make their money off blogs through advertisement programs such as Google AdSense. Most bloggers make very little to no money though, because they do not write good content, and they do not update it periodically. Content and management is key to having a successful blog.

2. Affiliate Marketing:
    Although affiliate marketing has taken a bit of a downturn within the past year or two, it is still a highly marketable means of making money. You just have to know how to work the system. Affiliate marketing is based off of online sales. 95% of the time, affiliate marketing is used with digital (non-tangible) products. An idea for some of these products can be, ie. eBooks, Video Tutorials, and other things of this nature. In affiliate marketing, you sell somebody's product/service, and in return you make a commission on the sale for every sale you make. A lot of people use splash pages for affiliate marketing, as for some odd reason, it is still one of the better execution plans of selling these digital products. The best bet to make some decent money however with affiliate marketing is getting familiar with Google AdWords, find a low-competitive, but higher-yielding market (Which can be very daunting), and plug your ads away.

3. GPT Sites:
    GPT/PTC sites are definitely dwindling from what they used to be a few years ago. There are still a few trustable ones out there running strong though. "GPT" stands for Get Paid To. These sites generally give you offers to complete, in which you'll get paid for. "PTC" stands for Paid To Click. You generally have to be a bit more wary of PTC sites as most of them now days are scams. However, PTC sites works by you clicking on a link, and getting paid for it. This is not a method were you would generally make a boat-load of cash from. But if you're just looking for a little extra spending money from time-to-time, this might be the right path for you.

4. Selling Items On eBay:
    Probably one of the most easiest ways to make money online is by selling stuff through eBay. Of course, there's other auction and sales sites out there that you could use. However, eBay generally reaches the biggest audience. The only exception I would make to this would be to sell on Etsy if you're selling more artistic things. eBay can be like a gamble sometimes. Got to make sure you know what you're selling, the price you want for it, and also understand that sometimes you won't get what you really wanted for an item. You could start off by selling stuff you don't use very often anymore, then expand to looking for specific items in garage sales, thrift stores, and retail outlets to turn a profit. Don't forget though, eBay does charge fees for it's services and so does it's good old friend PayPal, which is the only payment processor you can currently use while selling through them.

5. Article Writing:
    Article writing is another great way to earn some extra revenue online. Most people now days generally do free-lance article writing. This is pertaining to the meaning that they themselves go find their work, rather than working for one person directly. If you feel you are an exceptional writer and have experience and knowledge in particular topics, article writing may be right for you. There's a lot of sites that offer freelancers ways to find work. Some off the top of my head are www.elance.com and www.freelancer.com. The general rate for beginners in this field can vary from $0.50-$1.00 USD per 100 words. Of course, once you get some reputation built you can charge more per word.

6. Forum Posting:
    Although social media networks have done quite a big hit on forums, forums are still out there and running strong today. Look, this article you're reading now is on a forum. There's a lot of people who are trying to get new communities up and running. The hard part about this these days is that most people that visit a forum won't join unless it seems to be active with a good community. A lot of new forum owners have been taking on people and paying them for participating in their community to boost activity, in hopes that it will continually get their forum to grow. General rates for jobs such as these can vary from $0.05-$0.10 per post and generally speaking $0.10 per topic/thread. Of course, it's not something you'll be getting rich off of, but it could be something that could put a little extra Christmas spending cash in your pocket if needed. Forum posting is generally a freelance type of job, where you yourself go out and look for the work. As of recently though, there have been a few sites opening up that offer the direct connection between the forum posters and the forum owners, making it easier for both parties to get what they want. The one that rings a bell with me is www.PostLoop.com.

Again, any other ways of earning money online that can help beginners, please post information towards this thread and it will be added accordingly.

Hopefully this can help the BAF Community as we continually add new and more insightful information.

• Like Like x 5
    #1 JBMedia, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  2. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good article, JBMedia, This is a good article for beginners who want to make money online.

3. ace

ace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice article. Thanks for sharing this with us.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice article.

Being a Virtual Assistant can also be a way to earn online for beginners, employers from job sites often call them as simply VA.. :D

Of course you need to have skills like a normal office secretarial job but often checking the schedule of your boss and what he needs to be doing and writing articles. Some employers require a VA to know basic SEO skills to get a VA job online. Seen lots of the employer in odesk and some freelance site needing VA so its also one of the ways to make money online.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good idea, I'll add this later on tonight. Also add in Article writing/Forum Posting, which I have seem to forget.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually don't agree with the GPT program. Sorry to say that it is just wasting time, most of them are either scam or potential scam. Those trustworthful GPT site are paying penny by spending much time on it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree sigma, however, they're still an option for someone that's new to making money online can take. There are actually quite a few independent owned GPT sites that have been up for quite some time and are very trustworthy as well. (ie. Treasure Trooper, Squishy Cash, CashCrate, Fusion Cash, and Cashle) Those are just some off the top of my head.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I actually don't suggest go for those GPT program due to too many scam site. Of course there are still some good site but the percentage is less than 1%. many people lose the confident on the online earning after get scammed. Better stay away for those GPT, especially those PTC

9. Carmen11Smith

Carmen11Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Freelance article writing is another great way to make extra income online if you have a knack for writing and research.
    This is a great article, really helpful and informative. There are so many "online income opportunities" and its really hard to find ones that are not scams.

10. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For some odd reason, it won't let me edit this post, so whenever you get around to it Fergal, if you wouldn't mind just adding these few ones that I've decided to put into it as well it would be appreciated.

5. Article Writing:
    Article writing is another great way to earn some extra revenue online. Most people now days generally do free-lance article writing. This is pertaining to the meaning that they themselves go find their work, rather than working for one person directly. If you feel you are an exceptional writer and have experience and knowledge in particular topics, article writing may be right for you. There's a lot of sites that offer freelancers ways to find work. Some off the top of my head are www.elance.com and www.freelancer.com. The general rate for beginners in this field can vary from $0.50-$1.00 USD per 100 words. Of course, once you get some reputation built you can charge more per word.

6. Forum Posting:
    Although social media networks have done quite a big hit on forums, forums are still out there and running strong today. Look, this article you're reading now is on a forum. There's a lot of people who are trying to get new communities up and running. The hard part about this these days is that most people that visit a forum won't join unless it seems to be active with a good community. A lot of new forum owners have been taking on people and paying them for participating in their community to boost activity, in hopes that it will continually get their forum to grow. General rates for jobs such as these can vary from $0.05-$0.10 per post and generally speaking $0.10 per topic/thread. Of course, it's not something you'll be getting rich off of, but it could be something that could put a little extra Christmas spending cash in your pocket if needed. Forum posting is generally a freelance type of job, where you yourself go out and look for the work. As of recently though, there have been a few sites opening up that offer the direct connection between the forum posters and the forum owners, making it easier for both parties to get what they want. The one that rings a bell with me is www.PostLoop.com.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good point on "article writing" and "forum posting". Just a common on "article writing", it will be better to change to "freelance job", not only article writing but also some other freelance job such as web design, programming, translation etc as you already mentioned the freelancer site like elance and freelancer.com

• Like Like x 1
  12. digitalendurance

digitalendurance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

many ways to How To Earn Extra Income...
    1. forum posting
    2.simple online work etc
    for details u visit on

13. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good article will refer back to it once I need some extra cash

14. monyonlin

monyonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was very clearly explained awesome article. You have given the clear cut idea of each and every way of earning money online. That was really nice of you. Please keep sharing such type of articles.

#14 monyonlin, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  15. indiagiftportal

indiagiftportal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Going to internet and search online earning for less time ....then you can find more searches in this choss one

#15 indiagiftportal, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  16. Martha Casey

Martha Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great ideas! I would like to add virtual assistance to the list. It has become an extremely popular work-from-home job and all you need is a telephone, a computer and a high-speed Internet connection to get started. Of course, it goes without saying that getting a break without formal training can be tough. Schools like Career Step offer administrative assistant training online for people who want to start their home-based virtual assistance business!

• Like Like x 1
  17. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've thought about adding this to the list Martha, but I don't know enough about the subject personally. Is it easy for people online to become a virtual assistant? What's the pay generally like?

18. Harshini

Harshini
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    This is Great Article.. Thanks for sharing. According to me Domain reselling business is a simple way to earn money through online without invest more money. In this business, Just you have to buy domain names and want to sell it for people. If you like, just get domain reselling plan through **************** at affordable price. Here they are providing two plans namely Basic reseller and Pro reseller and these plans includes 24/7 support, hosting package, etc.. Hope it helps. Check it out for further information.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love looking at a post and seeing that the information is nice and organized with high quality information being presented. All of these methods are good ways to make a little money online. This is a great resource post for beginners.

20. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This all are true, These are the basic if you are trying to make money online.