How to make money from Ebay using dropshipping ?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sumicis, Aug 29, 2011.

1. sumicis

sumicis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can anyone help me out in suggesting some of the ways for making money from Ebay using dropshipping.Also, suggest uses and benefits of dropshipping ?

2. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unfortunately, I do apologize for not knowing any information on this, but I myself am quite curious as well. I've heard of some people using drop shippers with eBay but I'm quite confused as to how this would work being eBay is an auction site, not generally a set-price site.

However, if anyone does know, I'd like to hear some information on this as well. Not only what the uses and benefits are, but also what the problems and disadvantages could be.

Thanks ahead to whoever has more information on this topic.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a friend who is doing dropshipping. Basically he buy product in mass order, and sell it at eBay
    He is buying product directly from china and then sell it at local eBay

• Like Like x 1
  4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you possibly have any information as to how to purchase from a wholesaler in China sigma? Or even how to make a connection like that that you can trust when not nearby to evaluate?

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many online wholesell shop, you can talk to the company PIC on the details. It will always be better if you can visit their factory before purchase product. Or you can hire an agent to do this kind of communication and quality control, the fee might be a bit higher but at least you wouldn't get scammed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you ever personally took a dab into this type of market before?

7. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dropshipping on eBay works in that you find a company that agrees to dropship. You then list their merchandise on eBay without purchasing it, if the item sells, you collect the selling price and the shipping cost from your customer. You then send the wholesale price plus the shipping and handling fee to the dropshipping supplier, who then ships the item to your customer.
    One disadvantage to this is if there's a problem with the packing of the item or if it take too long to ship, the customer will blame you not the dropshipper, and this could affect your ratings on eBay.
    One advantage would be, if you don't sell your item, you are only losing the cost of listing the item.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not at eBay but local market. I was station china when I was employee. I did the dropshipping business together with one friend. I responsible to purchase product from china and he sell them at the local shop. However, due to the rental fee keep increasing, we stop it after run the business for two years.
    Due to I have some contact with the manufacturer after dealing with them for a year, I help them in contacting the potential customer and they pay me comission basis. However, I no more working for them after I back from china

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i'm now in Malaysia

• Like Like x 1