How to Make a Site a True Authority in your Niche ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by simplyjo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

I have just started a website, 1 month ago. The goal is to build it into a business - A huge information resource on my niche - Like an ultimate authority site.

I need some tips on good/safe methods to build the site out and expand -

1. Best/safe linking ways (as per current google updates) - I am currently using just guest posting
    2. Best way to drive traffic

I have the content part covered as I am a writer, so I will be publishing SEO optimized , well written pieces and I have on-site SEO in place.

Any tips would be awesome :)
    Jo

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In addition to guest posting(and I wouldn't rely too heavily on that), start your own blog. Write articles for content-writing related sites, and for networking groups related to content writing(I assume that's the niche you're referring to). Share links to them on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. Share them on social bookmarking sites. Make videos related to your niche. Put yourself out there, and as more people become aware of you and your articles and videos, you will gradually become known as an authority in your niche.

3. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Thanks for your inputs. No, I am not talking about content writing - thats my business and it is already established.
    I have a content website which I need to turn into an authority in its niche - so starting a content blog is taking visitors away from my site (which is also a content blog , really).
    Apart from that, I already used FB/Twitter/G+ and Pinterest to push posts.
    What else can I do to built quality links and get more organic traffic (and other relevant traffic sources). thanks

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The confusion comes from the fact that in your original post you refer to the new site as a "content site". It would be easier to advise you if we knew what type of site it is. If the new site is a blog, call it a blog - the word "content" is unnecessary. If it is not a blog, what type of site is it? My advice would still be the same, except change the word "content" and the phrase "content writing" with whatever the new website is about. Instead of taking visitors away from the new site, a blog could be used to send visitors to the new site. If on the other hand, the new site actually is a blog, you probably could skip that step, and instead use an occassional guest post in someone's blog to encourage readers to visit your blog. Of course, the site on which you guest post must already be an authority site.
    Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, the old ways to "build" quality links aren't really recommended anymore. You have to use the methods I mentioned above to provide your own links while at the same time earning links from those who read or share your articles and videos on the various social media, bookmarking and networking sites.