How to maintain PR ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by simplyjo, Apr 27, 2010.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

I have a high PR domain, I have built a blog around it but I need to ENSURE that the PR does not drop. What do I do ?
    I am posting on it daily and I have exchanged links too . What else can I do ?
    I don't want to spend on expensive SEO / one way backlinks !

Please suggest.
    Jo

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Jo, I would say that the most important thing to do is to keep adding unique and quality content to your blog on a regular basis. Giving value and quality content to your readers will keep them coming back for more and encourage them to link to your blog, as they discuss it on other websites. Quality content will also give the search engine spiders more food to digest and hence help with your search engine listings.

Next thing I would suggest is to do everything you can to maintain quality links to your blog and build more links to it, perhaps using some of the techniques discussed here.

3. Shotgun

Shotgun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PR is based on the effectiveness and juice of inbound links in respect to outbound links, with minor influences from content and SERPs etc. If you want to maintain your high PR, you have to maintain your inbound links, and regularly check that your high PR inbound links haven't dropped.

5. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. Thanks for the info David.
    So, basically I need to ensure more inbound links than outbound ? But, how is that possible.. as in a link exchange, I will have 1 inbound in exchange of 1 outbound . Also, the main purpose of the new blog is to sell links/ad space which = more outbound links.
    Is there a way to get free high PR outbound (one way) backlinks ? Pls advise.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

continue building backlinks, its just it.
    one way backlink is concidered high quality backlink - spend more on it.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's probably the quickest way to lose your PR. If Google find out that you are selling links, based on your blog's PR, you are quite likely to lose that PR. Google is happy for you to sell links, if they are no-follow.

8. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are 'no-follow' links any good for buyers ?

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, as long as they are getting traffic from it.

10. kamalchandel

kamalchandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also buy one way links from web directories.

11. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To make it a little clearer, I'll give you an example. I have a PR 5 site. I have 5 current links on the homepage. Each of those 5 links will share my link juice. If they add one more link, the link juice is now shared amongst 6 sites.

So, you want sites linking to you, however, you also want that site to have a small amount of external links, as you are sharing that site's PR link juice. Of course as you get more and more links, it all builds up, obtaining you a solid PR.

Yes, if you sell space, it does mean outbound links, however, if you make the rel="nofollow", they won't count as an outbound link. Usually when people buy ad space, not a backlink, nofollow shouldn't be an issue as they are looking for traffic, not a backlink.

You will definitely need to search around for people giving away free, high PR links. I managed to obtain 4 PR 3 and 4 links for a cheap $3 in a private deal. I'm sure if you snoop around at DigitalPoint, and even here at BAF, you may bump into a really nice deal.

Good luck.

12. onealgrambal

onealgrambal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi....your website promotion will help u maintaining a good pr of ur site.

Directory Submissions - targeted links at high PR directories
    Blog and Forum participation - to high PR and frequently crawled sites
    Article Marketing - submit to high PR directories, could also serve as link baits
    Link Exchange - with relevant and authority sites
    Link Baits - for organic linking
    Social Bookmarking
    Press Releases
    Classified Ads

13. antonclovelly

antonclovelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain PR you must do the proper SEO of the sigte regularly. As update your site with good and quality content, do forum posting, article submission, blog commenting. Also usfe some SEO methods like dirtectory submission, social bookmarking and also do link exchange.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain/improve the PR in long term, you need to pay most the attention on the content. Other than that, you might need to wok out on some link building job such as high quality directory submission. Once your site have quality content, your SEO job will getting more easy

15. harrystone00

harrystone00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thnk seo is must for be on the top of the page. If you looking for permanant link then go for directory submission. DIrectory gives you life time benifit for your website. Whatever you do just conform that all link where ever you submit shows dofollow atribute. without this your time and money get wasted and you don't get any benifit from them. So try to build some quility link which help you in future also.

16. Kendustin

Kendustin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Page rank is really important , it tells you the value of your page and it also refers how frequently visitors are coming to your page. If you want to maintain your page rank or want to increase your page rank then stick to these three factors, Content, Quality Backlink and traffic.

17. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Again and again, traffic doesnt affect the PR, and PR value created by google to judge how important your website / blog. It never talk about traffic, PR0 site can have much more traffic than PR4 site

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Calm down sigma...
    Well, sigma is right. PR never really constitute traffic. What gives traffic is content, promotion and SERP.

19. simonedrich11

simonedrich11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain PR you need to update your site on the daily basis with the good a nd quality content. Also you musgt do on page and off page SEO in proper way to maintain PR. Also try to get backlinks for the site as per the requirement.

20. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although PR may not be a major factor in traffic, you cannot really complain with a PR 8 domain. I've seen really good PR3 domains go for $100 and PR5 for $500. Its some tidy cash if you feel its not working for you, and you can use that cash to start something much better then what you had in mind.