How to link exchange?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ConanLake, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

I have read that by exchanging links you can increase your rank in the search engines. I would like to know how? I just cannot understand how? Do i ask others to put up my link or ask them to exchange links with me?

2. mehrishaly

mehrishaly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its only work when you and other person site is relevant to each other. if it is irrelevant then simply forgot it

3. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best way for link exchange is through link exchanging website and the other technique is to have it through directories submission with reciprocal links. Both would have a better output through out.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Mehrishaly makes a very good point. If you visit a website, and believe that your visitors would enjoy and/or benefit from the content, go ahead and link to it. Then, if the owner of that website believes your content would be beneficial or interesting to his visitors, he can link to you. But, if you are link exchanging specifically for SEO purposes, you could wind up getting spam links, and it could harm your rankings.

Neither one of these would be a good idea. Using a link exchanging website could bring you the spam links I mentioned above. Too many directory submissions could give you low-quality links. Both of these would do more harm than good.

5. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exchanging reciprocal links with another site — where you link to their site and they link to yours — is a waste of time.

Most search engine algorithms pick these up and use them to cancel each other out as self-serving and an attempt to game the system.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can link exchange your website with many other website through directory submission withing no time, But before you do this let me make me you clear that If you have exchange your links with irrelevant site or with low authority domains, your websites can be taken as Spam website by search Engine. So, its better to exchange you link with relevant website or with high authority domains.

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm no expert, but this is also what I have read repeatedly. That is the main reason that the black hat SEO guys moved to such equally dubious tactics as three-way link exchanges to hide the reciprocal nature of the links. I would not expect that a few reciprocal links from relevant sites is bad, because that can occur naturally as joeroxx points out. However, I would certainly not put any effort into getting reciprocal links.

8. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchange is currently not a effective technique to improve your ranking. Link exchange refers to the exchange of the links between your sites in the same niche.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.