How to learn best color combinations for website design.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by manishsqrt, Nov 11, 2015.

1. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know the basics of html and css coding, but despite all my efforts i am not able to design a very attractive website. Many be i am not experienced about the art of picking right color combination. I know its not easy to learn this art in a single day but do you know about some good tutorial or book that could train me into this art. Tell me as per your experience. What i really need to learn is, what color should we pick for backgrounds, forms, buttons, texts, and what are their exact combination that will make them look pleasant, attractive in one go. Is their any trick behind that so what is the theory actually?

2. bharath

bharath
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Picking the right colours for a blog requires great experience.With experience and trail error method we can get the required colour combination

3. rmmfree

rmmfree
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not an easy task. You can start playing around with palettes provided by colourlovers.com, flatcolorsui.com and similar sites. Another resource that will help you to view lots of great examples about design is dribbble.
    If you like Google and Android style of design you can read their guidelines in this link: https://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html

4. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do a little survey of other blogs and see how they match up their colors on their blogs and websites, this will help you improve your color selection.