How to know when you have a succesfull idea?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by noreturn, Sep 2, 2012.

1. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I have a new site that I am getting ready to launch but before I do it I will have to put in around $50, which isn't really that much but for me it is. So I was just wondering how do you know when you have a good successful idea. I think I have a killer idea but that is what I though on all of my other projects. I posted a few threads here is the link let me know if you think it will take off :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/656516-future-rc-setups.html

Thanks for your help.

2. rob

rob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

when it is successfull. there is no way to know unless you test it out

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Given that you already have the idea and that the investment is not very high I'd suggest that you might as well just start it, give it your best shot and see how it works out for you. It will cost you less to launch the site than what it will cost you to search it in any level of detail. That's not to say that you should not do a lot of planning, detailed planning can help save you a lot of time, keep you motivated and maximise your chance of success.

4. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know you have a successful idea when people actually want it and will pay you for it. If nobody wants it, it's not successful.

I had an idea once that I thought would be successful. But after a few years of selling nowhere near the numbers I thought I would, I realized it was not something people wanted for a couple reasons.

Why don't you let us know your idea and we'll vote on it. You know, a Shark Tank/Dragon's Den kind of thing. You may learn something. If the majority don't think it's a good idea and would not invest in that idea, it probably isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NormanAvila

NormanAvila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What you are talking about is taking/not taking a $50 risk. You know, in business, the more money you risk the more you will earn if it turns out to be a successful idea. In most cases, you can't know how successful your idea is. Reason is simple: there are probably thousands of car manufacturers worldwide but still only a few got to the top and were able to keep going successfully. Now what made the difference, given all were manufacturing cars? The looks, the marketing, etc.

If your plan is complete enough AND most importantly, if there is a current need for what you are willing to offer, it will definitely become a success!

I'd vote to take that risk for $50 and launch the website!

• Like Like x 1
  6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

idea will not turn into achievement, perhaps you do it. You question makes me remember Nike slogan "Just Do It"

7. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as what you are doing is what you love you can never go wrong.

8. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I absolutely agree with Fergal! :)

The other thing you might consider is traffic. All the best laid plans will be for naught if you have no traffic.

I recommend that you research keywords for your topic and find some way to create content for those keywords in order to pull traffic to your site. If you're not planning on adding content, think about how you will get traffic to your site. PPC? Social media?

Once you are up and running, if your business isn't performing up to a standard, take a look at the content - traffic approach to breath life into your ideas.

9. BNB

BNB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no way to know if an idea is a good idea until you have either failed with it or been successful with it. After you fail or do some things successfully, you'll get better at recognizing opportunities.

10. ChrisLeads

ChrisLeads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if you see the result that you've expecting for that's when you know when you have a succesfull idea. :confused:

11. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try a test run first and see some feedback. Feedbacks helps you to evaluate your business.

12. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you get result appx. 85% then you should be know your idea is right.