How to know if my site has been penalized by google?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by James12smith, Nov 1, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friends,

My site was showing on 4th page for the relevant keywords search on google. And it was there since last 4 days and stayed there. But today, when I checked, it is not there at all in the searches.

Thanks and regards

James

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I don't think you have been penalized, especially since your website was on page four. Was your ranking rising steadily before you reached page four? What kind of techniques were you using to get it there? If you are being penalized for violating one or more of Google's Guidelines, I think they would let you know. Being able to take a look at the site would give us a better idea of what may have occurred.

3. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website being penalized you receive message in your webmaster so you can easily know about your website. Make sure that you already check your webmaster mail, and manual web spam folder if something here then your website being penalized. If there is no mail or message then try to improve your link building techniques to improve your website rank

4. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you don't be penalized by google. do some work on your site ,your rank will increase.

5. Fredholm

Fredholm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website is penalized you will be deleted from serps

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What kind of work should he do on his site? Are there specific things he should be checking? If so, what would they be?

Are you sure? Are there different penalties for different situations? Is it possible that for some infractions, the rankings of his site will simply drop? Where did you get this information from?

7. Webestrian

Webestrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most probably just a google dance. Rankings keeps falling and rise. If your site is still indexed, it isn't penalised. You can check this using site:youdomain.com

8. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You said you were in 4th position for your relevant keyword. That's not a penalty. Probably a google dance, or lack of quality links, or too much usage of exact keywords anchor text. How long you've been working for that site? How about the quality of your link resources? Are you aware of the competition level for your niche?

I suggest to wait for few days and if nothing happens, then you should assess whatever you did to your site.

9. uthra

uthra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your keywords ranking went to back or not ranking on search engine means,it should definitely affected by Google algorithm.Otherwise you did not continue your OFF page strategies to your keywords.So only your all keywords were went to down.

10. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel, you can say that your site is penalized, when your keyword ranking falls from first page to 10th, not exactly 10th but enough for your client to snatch the project from you. You can use your webmaster to send request for considering your site. You may also have to work more on removing the links.