How to increase your search rankings with social media?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by TimB, Dec 3, 2012.

1. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He all, I was surfing through the web and came across a very interesting and helpful post on How to increase your rankings with help of social media!
    I hope that it helps you in achieving way more than you expect! Have fun reading it ;)

Regards

2. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi TimB, what is the interesting you learn from the article?

• Like Like x 1
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I identify which keyword of my site has the highest value when I have around 12 keywords?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

ownedbox if you look at your site stats you should be able to see which keywords are bringing you the most traffic. However, that alone doesn't tell the full story. E.g. if you rank poorly for a particular keyword and it still brings you a little traffic, it could potentially be your best performing keyword if you were to rank highly for it.

Does that answer your question?

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of those keywords actually bring traffic from searches and referral sites. And if I can identify which among these keyword has the highest value like the article had mentioned, I might just concentrate on it for awhile.

6. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The rules of search have changed. In fact, they change on a daily basis.Social media sites, especially the power houses of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, have become back link central for affecting organic search results...:)

Thanks
    Sanjay

7. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media Marketing is one of the growing marketing segment in web marketing industry which helps to online business owner and their operators to connect with directly users on social web. Social Media is one of the ranking factors as now its part of search engine marketing. I have gone through blog on SEOmoz which has really an incredible explanation of Social Signals in SEO. Take quick view from your end...! http://www.seomoz.org/blog/your-guide-to-social-signals-for-seo

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media optimized like facebook twitter is the best process of increasing traffic. Facebook and Twitter are both social networking tools that enable people to communicate quickly and efficiently from a Smartphone or over the Internet on a computer. Though the way the tools function is different, the concepts are similar: enabling people to connect using short messages, or posts, and allowing people to “follow,” “like” or “friend” other users, enabling those followers to receive email messages when the user has posted a new message or photo. We can get more traffic there.

9. M.umair

M.umair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Different types of social media act in different ways,some use only for sharing images like flicker or pinterest pr other use for business promotion like twitter or facebook. You just need to arrange social media list according to your business.

10. Angelina786

Angelina786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SMM is the best way to increase your website traffic. I think this is the best traffic increasing technique that anybody loves to do.

11. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think so. From my point of view SMM is good for your branding. You can get a good traffic by optimizing a relevant keyword which has a good search volume and that will be organic(unpaid)

12. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

seo is also used for getting traffic for website.then what is the difference between SMO and SEO ? As i am new to seo ,i dont have much knowledge of SEO. so any help would be appreciated.

13. micheal.burns1

micheal.burns1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Share your pages on social media site. Few of them are do followed ones and having good domain authority as well. In short, you are generating backlinks from high PR domain. Thus by doing so, your site ranking will go up!!

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Social Media Optimization (SMO) is concerned with promoting your site on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is concerned with improving your site's rankings in the major search engines, for search terms that will bring people in your target market / audience to your site.

15. kylesmith025

kylesmith025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think TimB wrote it by himself.

16. nagavenkata

nagavenkata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media also covers the social bookmarking thing. So, with the help of social bookmarking you can increase your website's page ranking and keyword ranking.

17. Jack Simmons

Jack Simmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase your search rankings is to be visible in a search engine's eye and in achieving this you need to promote your businesses online using social media...

18. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10 benefits of social media

01) Learn what your supporters are saying and sharing about your organization
    02) Drive traffic to your various Web properties: Website, blog, Facebook, etc.
    03) Improve results on search engine result pages with keyword rich content.
    04) Drive visitors to online donation pages.
    05) Enable supporters to distribute messages about your organization through their social Web presence
    06) Empower your most passionate and influential supporters to promote your organization.
    07) Enable grassroots movements in real-time and rapidly respond to unforeseen events.
    08) Humanize your organization by not limiting communications to traditional methods or messages.
    09) Acquire new contacts and build your email house file.
    10) Increase trust and loyalty from your supporters by allowing them to share their voice through feedback forums.

19. ificallyoumine

ificallyoumine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely, this is what I'm doing on my social marketing especially on Facebook and Twitter!

20. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ces did you copy paste that?

Anyways, social media is now more than ever a huge factor with the search engines. Ive seen sites rank on Google by just being talked about on Twitter. Facebook, Instagram, Pinstrest are all super hot right now also. If you combine social media with a little backlinking and some good content, you will be ruling the search engines.