How to Increase Traffic?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by monicajvis, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monicajvis

monicajvis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to increase traffic on my site..............
    I have read lots of tips about SEO, Internet Marketing, Viral marketing, and apply all tips for promoting my website, I am not getting good traffic and I am unable to increase my sale. Please advice.....

#1 monicajvis, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Monica your site looks great. Have you thought about the kind of people who would use your service? For example, are they young or old, tech savvy or not, what other websites will they visit, do they use forums or not? Thinking about your potential users in this way, will make it much easier for you to target them.

One approach you could take is to take a view as to the types of blogs and forums your potential users will frequent. Then make posts and leave comments on these sites with a link in your signature / profile back to your site.

Have you taken time to chose keywords for your site and started working on improving your search engine rankings for those keywords? If you would like some suggestions on how to chose your keywords please read this thread - Keyword Competitiveness - Could anyone offer any advice to this newcomer?. This thread will give you some great suggestions on how to start building links back to your site using those keywords - Can someone share some link building tips?.

4. domainshouse

domainshouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As i said...

As i said on the post before yours, Twitter is no more a good tool for increasing traffic.Better than Tiwtter is to pay like $1 and a litlle more to get 1000 visitors of every countries. This is good traffic and makes your site get an alexa and page rank better than ever.
    To get traffic with Twitter you need to type hundreds of tweets and need manly a lot of time that mostly of the people do not have just for getting one hundred or less of new visitors.

5. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the long term, I think what is required is patience. That is very essential in succeeding. The links Dan provided are very helpful, and also, just doing simple forum posting with your link in your signature will get you added traffic.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum domainshouse.

I beg to differ on that. Most of that type of traffic comes from pop-unders and is next to useless, for most of the sites that purchase it. Also, it won't help your page rank, you need quality links for that.

Traffic from Twitter is actually a much better for the vast majority of sites, because most of it is coming from real people who have a genuine interest in visiting the site concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Monica your website is good. the application you are running on your website can attract many visitors if you place your website on the right place. try to rank your website for rtf to docx converter and for similar keywords. you will good traffic.

8. mackey

mackey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, SEO is correct, as long as you're doing it in a right way. You will get the benefit soon. Generating traffic requires more time to get the result.

9. SM4BIZ

SM4BIZ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Monica,

First, don't get caught up on all the SEO hype as many SEO companies or web developers who offer SEO capabilities typically overcharge and under-deliver.

I would suggest the following:

1. Popular directories - Google Places, Yahoo Local and Yelp - register, enter your business name, contact and website and claim your listing...these are free and they work---especially for regional searches

2. Set up a Blog on your site....content is everything and blogs get picked up by the major search engines very quickly

3. Try incorporating Social Media, such as Facebook. In looking at your site, I think Facebook would be a great spring board...done right, this would spread virally

Hope this helps...

10. domainshouse

domainshouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right but...

Dear Fergal
    Of course i tend to agree with you, mostly are next to useless, but if i tell you that it helped me to improve my Alexa Rank from 20.000.000 to 7.000.000 it isn´t good enough just in days? Of course some tweets can get some genuine clicks but not increase traffic in thousands, just some. Forums and Facebook are better as you have people reading you and clicking on your link, Twitter is worst and like a comet is hard to keep your shor message on the top when there are thousands doing the same and wasting their times to get a dozen of cliks to your links.

Thanks you for your opinion.

11. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Avoiding getting into the common "alexa rank is utterly meaningless" debate, I'd make the simple comment that it doesn't matter how much traffic it drove if none of that traffic was targeted and stayed/benefited from your site and/or converted.

Using a pop under for advertising also has the knock on impact of ensuring that a vast majority of users with a technical knowledge will be sure to avoid the site in the future (I know I would. Both the site advertising via pop-unders and the site employing them).

Just my own $0.02. They work for some people and if they're happy to accept the negatives that come with that method, that's their personal choice.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's better to be going in the right direction on Alexa, than to be falling in their rankings. However, to echo what PaulPinnacle said, does that improvement in rankings actually help your site?

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, this could be done within 24-48 hours after the site goes online.
    Just put it into a webmaster forum, ask for a review. Whala!!! Your site is now below 7M mark.
    Maybe just over the million mark. :D

14. domainshouse

domainshouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, your contributions helped me to understand it better

Let me tell you that your contributions and the versatility of the proposals to solve the question of traffic helped me to understand it better.

I will follow the links you placed here. I also tried to open a discussion making a kind of role of someone that ignored completely what to do on this (traffic). I increased traffic by that way and reached some of my goals (mainly appearing on Google search for several times). However i also think as you that there are sources to get real traffic and i am using FC, Twitter, Linkdin and forums like this.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience of my side.

Best regards for all here

15. Jessica John

Jessica John
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engine optimization is easy when we are using powerful SEO tools we have both free and advanced search engine optimization tools that help us increase page ranking Social bookmarking,Directory submission,Article submission,Link Exchange it help us increase ranking...........

16. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase Traffic it is important to know/recognize proper Keywords for your website. After you have done your keyword research, integrate those keywords on your websites H1, Meta tags, Content etc. Furthermore, start generating backlinks using the same shortlisted keywords. If your keyword is of high competition then of course you will have to struggle a little bit and will have to work with patience.

17. johnrobertusa

johnrobertusa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    First of all find all keywords related to your website by using google keyword tool.Then select both high and low competitive keywords.Choose the geographical location when start the seo..First optimize for low competitive keywords and then do high competitive keywords.Definitely you can get more visitors and your product will reach in target areas.

18. TransChinaMedia

TransChinaMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say social networking websites. For business: LinkedIn is definitely the best place to go...For personal: facebook, twitter, craigslist etc.
    Also it's very helpful if you start a blog and update on a regular basis.
    For those of you who are interested in getting more traffic from China, definitely join:
    1. QQ
    2. Sina Space
    3. Weibo
    4. Kaixin001

Feel free to contact me directly if you have more questions...

Rebecca

19. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engine optimization has become highly technical. SEO is not a "once and done" type of work. Now, it requires a lot of research, market analysis plus the technical abilities. There are many ways to boost traffic on your site. You can not do this without effort. Get quality backlinks to increase your PR. Focus on relevant keywords to improve your search engine ranking. Quality content is also necessary to get the readers back. If you have done all things related SEO and your website is new then be patient because Search engine needs time to index your content or pages.

20. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In Increasing Traffic you can do a lot of things including the following:

- Linkbuilding (Bookmarking, Blog Commenting, Press Release, Article Submission, etc)
    - Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
    - Making Something Interesting (Apps, Softwares, Games, Tutorials, etc)
    - Advertisements (Online and Offline)

I agree with sabinasmith, check more on your onpage side maybe you're having problems with navigation, page accessibility, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.