How to increase traffic using Stumble Upon

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jennifer Martin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

I heard that Stumble Upon helps to get more exposure to the website and also to increase the traffic. But my post are not getting likes nor it is helping to increase the traffic of the website.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I am going to assume that "my post are" is a grammatical error, and you meant to say "my posts are" not "my post is". By the way, it should also be "nor is it helping" not "nor it is helping". I sincerely hope you did not put one post up and expect a substantial increase in traffic. That's not going to happen. Like anything else, StumbleUpon is not going to help if all you do is submit posts and wait for the traffic to come. You have to promote your posts, letting people know they are there. Also, like a search engine, StumbleUpon wants to show "Stumblers" the best content they can find. You have to submit quality content, and you have to participate in the site yourself. Find others with similar interests, and follow them. If you "Stumble Upon" articles you find interesting, "like" them. Connect your social accounts, and share articles you like. In any case, it's not going to happen overnight. Like any marketing technique, it builds over time, and you will see gradual increases if you do it right.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to have a very large network in order to get good exposure. If you have new to stumbleupon and have just started sharing your links then you need to wait and work on increasing your stumbleupon connections to get good exposure.

4. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow, God bless you for this. though in my case, i do find those that are in my interest and niche and follow them and surely it has helped me in a small way. but surely i will do the others that you have stated. maybe that will help me out in getting traffic. Thanks for your input. but if i may ask, what do you mean by connecting your social accounts?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In your "Settings" in StumbleUpon, you can connect your Facebook, Google, and/or Twitter accounts so you can find connections who are also on StumbleUpon. You can then connect with them on StumbleUpon as well, and share your posts with them, which would also be shared on the connected social networking site. You and Jennifer Martin, and anyone else using StumbleUpon, can find more information in the "Sharing" section of StumbleUpon's Help Center. The Help Center also has a wealth of information on how to use StumbleUpon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Joseph for your great suggestion. And also for exploring why to connect social media accounts in Stumble Upon.

7. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you so much sir, i will do just as you have stated here right away. i just pray it helps in driving traffic to my website.

8. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stumbleupon is one of the finest sites that has helped many business owners to promote their business worldwide. As this site is very popular in the whole world, it can help your post to reach your targeted audience quickly. If your post is interesting and have some sense with the topic you have chosen, then it will automatically increase the traffic on your website swiftly.

9. Andrey Sokurec

Andrey Sokurec
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same problem with me as well. i get good traffic for 1-2 months only after that there is no view for any article in the dame category. Most of traffic have more then 80% bounce rate as well.

10. Justin Miller

Justin Miller
    uix_expand uix_collapse

StumbleUpon is one of the best traffic generators among the top seven social media sites, referring more than other social bookmarking and voting sites such as Digg and Reddit according to Statcounter.

11. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stumbleupon is one of the best social media website to generate traffic to your website, But make sure you didn't spam, stumbleupon.. Make sure you follow all the guidelines of stumbleupon.

One more important thing choose your category carefully........

12. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stumbleupon is a wonderful social site and it helps to promote a business worldwide. The popularity of Stumbleupon abets a user to present its business features effectively. It's necessary to Stumble the post you posted which boost it to make it visible for other members of this site. Make your post interesting and engaging so that viewers can be compelled to visit it for once when they login to this site.

13. paradisegold

paradisegold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii

StumbleUpon is one of the best traffic generators among the top seven social media sites, referring more than other social bookmarking and voting sites such as Digg and Reddit according to Stat counter.

Here are few techniques which help to increase traffic

• Get Organic Stumbles
    • Follow like-minded stumblers
    • Submit interesting web pages – and not just yours
    • Create clear web pages
    • Try StumbleUpon Paid Discovery
    • Use StumbleUpon Badges
    Thanks

14. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stumbleupon is the site which you have to give time to build your profile. because if you only submit your page and expect the traffic than it will never going to happen. but if you have rich profile and good engagement with your following and followers. than you will surely gonna get very good traffic from the stumble upon.