How to Increase Sales of E-Commerce Site

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Beatrice Harris, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Beatrice Harris

Beatrice Harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone! Actually one of my friend running a E-Commerce site of UK based. They are a team and working together to increase sales but they don't know what's the wrong with him. I'm also the little bit partner of this E-commerce site and personally want to do something better related to sale and marketing. so please help me in this situation how I can increase sales. If I do classifies ads posting, it will be better for me or not? Here is my website please check it if there is any mistake in my site or it's ok? TRD Electronics

2. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The site is not user friendly, the menu structure, products are also not displayed properly. Your site deals with electronics and other accessories. No on page optimization for your site, sometimes the checkout page is not responding. So many issues. Do proper testing of your site, then go for digital marketing campaign to promote your services to your customers.

3. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend an analysis for your website because it is not optimize and try to check its meta tag title and description because it is not interesting as well as not targeting your priority keyword.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content writing helps, and having a blog really does work. If you can. Have a blog on your site and off your site, as it will give you internal/external links. Google does pick up on that. Read up on SEO changes that google has done. They are always changing how they want seo to be done. Get involved in forums, and onto other blogs posts.

5. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here I can suggest you some techniques that can help you to increase your eCommerce sales.
    • Effective “call-to-action” buttons: It is a great marketing tool that encourage customers to engage with the brand, which automatically increases the chance of them being converted into a sales lead.
    • Increase your eCommerce store online visibility: For your online store, hire experts and adapt SEO tactics to keep your site’s and product ranking top in search results
    • Facebook or Twitter Ads: Facebook offering “Facebook for business” for promotion of your products/services. Twitter also offers various promoted tweets and promoted trends.
    I hope that can help you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevepalladous

stevepalladous
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Promotional links are not permitted in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link
    Wow I really dislike the effect at the top where the menu hovers down over the seasonal sale banner. It looks/feels like it's broken or I've accidentally hovered over a drop down menu. What I'd do is get some free reviews from lots of independent people. One site I love to use is Criticue.com because you just leave reviews for others and get free reviews/opinions back. Do about 20 or so and you'll get a nice mix of feedback. There's a lot you could change on the design, as others have pointed out, it's not quite right at the moment.

The other side of conversion/sales is, of course, where your traffic is currently coming from. It's possible your PPC campaigns, if you run them, for example, are not optimised and you're burning money on poor-performing keywords or demographics or would be better spending on a different network entirely etc etc.

7. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

None of product have a full description and contains only product name and price. No one will want to purchase from a website who don't even describe about features or technical information.

I don't even purchase from ebay If description is blank or just contain product name.

Improvement:
    + Add description so it can be easily added to search engine and listed in #10 or at lest #20
    + Your site look like a affiliate site because of it does not contain any description. Remove "sale" image from products and make it simple.

8. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Write quality blogs related to your website and post them on high pr blog posting sites.You can also promote them with the help of social media.Do effective off page technique like Classified Add posting, Business listing to get website promotion.

9. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Below are the areas that require enhancement:

It is very important for an eCommerce website to have a good user interface and somewhere your store is lacking in the same. Problem starts with banner and ends at the footer. Resize banner and I will recommend if you add a sliding banner with different images.

Products are not properly categorized or we can say that you should need to work on navigation.

For now you can remove promo product images on left side or you can cut down their size to small.

There is lot more improvement required in urls, product pages.

There is no Register option along with Login at the top

Hope this helps. For any other queries, ask via comment. I will be glad to answer.

10. harrythomas

harrythomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think social media marketing can be a good option for generating sales. For that you need to host a contest over social media from your official social and the questions about the contest should of your offering, run this competition for some days if possible try to tag people in those posts. After some day facilitate the winner of the contest from your official social media channel. This will help you to build your brand among your target audience.

11. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get more deals you need to improve your website traffic, so first design the best website in terms of appearance and functionality. Then regularly add fresh and relevant content to your website. Share your website posts in the different social media websites. Identifying the target customers is the main aim of doing these, so take social media sites seriously along with your site development and maintenance. Improve public relations through online, then you can get mass deals in steady time.

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Did you even look at the site?

That's a meaningless statement. What does 'design the best website' even mean?
    It's a shop. New products = fresh and relevant content already
    Customers share. Site owners don't. In any case sharing content achieves almost zero
    Eh?

I know you are trying to help but posts like yours don't really offer anything useful

13. Lily Alvin

Lily Alvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO and Social Media always plays an important role in eCommerce and any other site to increase traffic and sales.

14. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    While going through your website, I have realized to some suggestible improvements that can help you to attract more customers and increase your sales.
    Firstly, quality content is important. Instead of directly the deals on the home page, give some information about your services, mission and vision so that a first time user can get what your services are meant for.
    Secondly, use social media integration like Facebook or Twitter into your site so that your customers can connect to your social profiles and can share their insights that would help to gain more customers.
    Lastly, you can improve your web presence using different CMS platforms like Magento

15. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Pointless. People don't care about missions and visions, all they want is deals.
    A waste of time. It's not even worth setting up the accounts.
    Changing to Magento won't improve anything. It might be a better selling platform but he OP doesn't have the skills or the budget for this. If they had they wouldn't be using shopify.

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually what w3web actually said was, "design the best website in terms of appearance and functionality". It's called "User Experience". If a website does not look appealing, and/or visitors cannot easily find what they're looking for, they will leave.

Yeah, this has been repeated so many times, it's almost become meaningless. Everybody says "Content is king", "fresh and relevant content", or "fresh and unique content" so many times that we're like "okay, we get it, enough already".

I disagree with this one, although I would change it to read "blog posts" instead of "website posts", and you're right about customers sharing. Sharing your blog posts with your followers on social media, which can then be shared with their followers, and so on, introduces you to more potential customers, presenting you as an authority.

I really would try to avoid making generalizations like this, as there is some useful information in his post - I am tempted to say "physician, heal thyself" - actually, wait, I just did :rolleyes::rolleyes:. You're right, though, about the "get mass deals in steady time". Nobody talks like that, and the post doesn't need it. The entire line could have been eliminated, and it wouldn't hurt the post.

17. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The theory is good but it just doesn't work in practice. Current market research shows less than 1% of shared posts ever get clicked. And that 1% will rarely convert. It's not worth the effort and can continual promotion on SM feeds can put people off visiting your site.

18. ketherinehelen

ketherinehelen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People always expect for friendly user interface for their comfortable for better interaction with the website.
    So first make your website worthy by enhancing look and feel and interactive design.
    Next,provide any cashback offers to customers to attract user involvement to your website because people expect for new offers and new scheme on their's daily shopping.Providing Cashback offers always be a right strategy to any kind of industries so it will definitely help you to increase your sales .
    I hope ,these 2 mention may take up your business into next level.

#18 ketherinehelen, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  19. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Classified ads are not enough for any e-commerce sales, but it have several ways to increase e-commerce product sales and traffic. You have to start social media marketing for your site because it is a major part of internet marketing. And one of the most important think is high quality photography. Offering several delivery options with the convenience of various payment options. If it's possible you can add reviews for your products.

20. Micheal Anderson

Micheal Anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many ways to increase sales of E-commerce website and I study your website. Your website is awesome but you need other thing to increase your sales. You should apply Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing but first you study how to apply it? and how is it work? Through search engine optimization you can gain your website's keyword ranking and through this your website visitor increased. Through social media marketing you can get more visitor of your website and your products .