how to increase revenue using up-selling

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by hamzo, Sep 9, 2008.

1. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Up-selling and cross-selling is cheap to implement ,develops customer relationships and can dramaticaly increase revenue . are you taking advantage of it in your business . this is my business advice try to apply it

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

"Would you like fries with that?"

Upselling is indeed very important to help increase business revenue. When it is done right it can also be very helpful to your clients, provided that you are only recommending additional products or services that will actually benefit them.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One time, I stopped at a supermarket with the intention of just buying some chips. On the way to the snacks aisle, I saw some cheese spreads and I thought to myself that the chips would taste even better if dipped in cheese dips saw I took one. After that, I went to get the Nachos. On the way back, I passed by some napkins and thought to myself that I'm also running out of those. This went on and on and in the end, I ended up buying not just the chips but a whole lot more groceries.

I guess this situation is quite common and the same thing has happened to most people. The lesson to be learned here is that those customers who buys our products and/or services are also good prospects for buying other products that are in one way or another related to our product.

4. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, you are promoting to sell additional products with your fixed products too. That's quite nice. It's very useful for your own business where you can sell additional products and earn more.

5. descorpio

descorpio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a very good business idea. People must be aware of what they have planned to buy and must spend according to the funds and not excessive. Else he may land in problems. But its a very idea from the manufacturers. Surely they will see much gain in their profits by implementing this idea.