How to Increase Google PageRank

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Sahil, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am seeing many posts asking how to increase. I will explain everything about it.

Google PageRank (PR) is a measure from 0 -10 of how important Google thinks a webpage is. In Google's eyes a web page with a PageRank of 10/10 is very important and a web page with a PageRank of 0/10 is not very important. If you have the Google toolbar installed on your browser then it will automatically tell you the PageRank of any webpage you are looking at, if you do not have one then you can check PageRank by visiting the following website.

Generally websites with higher PageRank will get better rankings in Google's search results. Google takes into consideration many things when it is calculating PageRank, the most important factor is the amount of quality incoming links a webpage has. Generally the more quality links a webpage has, the higher the PageRank will be, therefore you can increase PageRank by gaining more quality links.

PageRank updates about once every three months. People have come up with ways of trying to predict what your PageRank is likely to be at the next update and although no one can tell for sure the guys at Iwebtool have come up with a pretty good prediction tool.

This tool does not always get it right, and it is mainly for entertainment purposes only. However if you work hard at link building you will see your predicted PageRank increase and when the next update comes you should see your PageRank increase.

For a more in-depth analysis of PageRank, please read Phil Cravens article PageRank Explained.

#1 Sahil, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
  2. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Sahil..thx for the info but pls correct the 2nd link - it is prchecker.info no ifo :)

3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, I think we have to tell to Fergal or JBMedia to do so.

4. sahaya

sahaya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are some tips to improve page rank
    1. Update your site regularly
    2. Link to your website from other sites
    3. Give away content
    4. Link to authority sites from your site
    5. Write link bait
    get the official assistance from Tucktail.com or any other professionals.

5. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used mozbar to check mozrank of my page and I must say it will give deep inside of our PR.

6. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

The best way of increasing the page rank of website is getting more and more backlinks. Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page. The number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page.

7. Jessica1234

Jessica1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    The best way of increasing the page rank of website is getting more backlinks and organic traffic. The number of backlinks is one indication of the importance and the traffic indicates the popularity of that website or page on the web.

8. offshoreaccout

offshoreaccout
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google PageRank (PR) is a evaluate from 0 -10 of how essential Search engines believes a web site is. In Google face a web page with a PageRank of 10/10 is very essential and a web page with a PageRank of 0/10 is not very essential. If you have the Search engines plugin set up on your internet visitor then it will instantly tell you the PageRank of any web site you are looking at, if you do not have one then you can have a look at PageRank by checking out the following web page.

9. venmalathy

venmalathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is very useful one,i agree with you....

10. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google PageRank Prediction Site doesn't work. I don't know why, but when I enter any URL it just doesn't appear anything. :)

11. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What problems you're facing with it? It's working fine for me right now. Though the tool is just showing the predictions which are wrong as there are lot of changes in Google's algo.

12. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it shows "To predict your PageRank, you need a minimum of 100 backlinks." even if I have more than 100 backlinks. :)

13. Jessica1234

Jessica1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK! Got the point. If the website having less than 100 backlinks it doesn't show the result or it doesn't predict the page rank of the website. Thanks for the information.

14. johnnyS

johnnyS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to get high pr, be sure to submit your link to a site related to your website. Next is you can't do link building once a week or twice a month. Link build your site everyday. Be resourceful.

15. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whether the backlink site is relevant or not, it wouldnt affect the PR juice, the only different is related niche help in SERP
    The major factor affecting the PR juice is the PR of the backlink site and the OBL of the backlink site

16. clintonkollman

clintonkollman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Increase your content and get it indexed and crawled by Google. The more original content and pages your site has, the higher will be the page rank of your site. Update site as frequently as possible with quality content.

17. KalvinMartin

KalvinMartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Page Rank is mainly dependent on Links so more the Backlinks you have the more is your page rank it also affected by the rank of page linked to you. For getting the more valid backlinks that helps to increase the ranking position [PR].

18. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

19. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for great info. But is there any exact back link checker tool. As i checked some of websites but it shows zero back links. I mostly use two, Webmaster tools and alexa ( How many websites linking to your website)

20. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

https://www.majesticseo.com/

They update their index daily. It's not 100% accurate but their Site Explorer gives you a pretty good idea of where you stand.