How to increase alexa?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sayem001, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayem001

sayem001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have Wordpress site.I have done all SEO work but my alexa rank is not increasing.How can i increase alexa rank? Now i want to do yahoo answer. How can i see if Google penalty my site?

2. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alexa rank is all about website traffic. If your website experiences good traffic then your Alexa rank will improve simultaneously. Have you tried using Social Media Ads such as Twitter or Facebook Ads?

3. Abhi kumar

Abhi kumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Increasing Alexa is bad signal for your site so try to minimize it by getting as much traffic as possible

4. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Install the alexa tool bar and try visiting the site from there. Ask some of your near and dear friends as well to do the same.

5. seomaartin

seomaartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly verify your website in alexa and put alexa verification code in website. If you are using SEO Yoast tool in wordpress then there is option of alexa verification code also. To increase alexa rank you need to increase traffic on website. Promote your website via social networking website, add blog section for regular updates of fresh content. Register on local citation websites for promotion. Do it for one month and check the difference in you alexa rank.

6. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's where the problem comes in most of the time. "I have done all SEO work". First off, what kind of SEO methods have you done? Did you do them correctly? What do you think is the ratio between high quality links and low quality ones? And why do you want to increase your Alexa? How long are you doing such things to your site?

7. greennn01

greennn01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want more traffic so social media marketing Google and check the web master tool is there any message from spam master as well you can check your domain hosting ip.

8. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For Improving your Alexa you need to create lots of backlinks for your site Links can be nofollow too. Regular work on site will surely affect the Alexa rank in a positive manner.

9. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of these techniques artificially inflate your Alexa rank, which really doesn't mean much nor will it help you. It's not difficult to figure out if someone is artificially manipulating their rank, either. ;)

The best way to increase your Alexa rank is to please human visitors to your site by creating great content that your visitors want to share. As your traffic improves, so will your Alexa rank.

10. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to decrease the Alexa rank, not increase it. The lower the number, the more visitors your site is getting according to Alexa - which I assume is what you want!

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually sayem 001 does want to increase the Alexa rank. As CoolHandcol pointed out, the more visitors a site gets, the lower the number gets, the better the rank is. Compare it to other things like the Top 40 Popular Songs, or the Top Ten on the New York Times Best Seller list for books. Singers want their song to be ranked #1, as that is the most popular, even though it has the lowest number. Authors want their book to be #1 on the list, because that means it's the most popular, even though it too has the lowest number. In a race, isn't the winner the one who comes in first place?

12. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can increase your Alexa rank by Increasing your back-links. if your website have a large number of traffic then your Alexa rank is increase. you can increase your website traffic by using the social networking websites like facebook, twitter, google plus, linkedin, meetme, tumblr, pinterest, reddit, hi5 and another social networking websites. more the website traffic help you to improve alexa rank easily.

13. Terry Hopper

Terry Hopper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi dear nadablue, Mr sayem has told that he have done all SEO work. I think you can share some infographic and video with link on Youtube, Yahoo Video, Flickr, Daily Motion etc. for batter way to increase your Alexa rank. If you don't show the progress of Alexa rank, then you will stop all seo work for 3 week then you start began the seo work for increase your Alexa rank. Thanks good luck.

14. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alexa rank has a different algorithm than of Google.

It includes only 1 link from 1 domain, e.g., you make 100 links from 1 website, but alexa will count it as 1 link.

Therefore, to increase Alexa rank, you should create as many links from as many websites, do not create many links from a single website, in-fact, use 1 website only once to build links in regards to Alexa ranking.

15. Christina Maria

Christina Maria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You mean if I have a crappy website, all I need to do is put a widget on my site and install a toolbar in my browser and Alexa won’t think my site is so bad? Then just say some stuff about Alexa on some blogs and they’ll like me?
    I think all you really need to do is work on increasing your traffic and that will take care of the rest.

16. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, Installing Alexa toolbar can help to increase the Alexa rank of the website. But asking friend to visit your website after installing Alexa rank is not the correct way to increase your website Alexa rank.

17. fitatechnologies

fitatechnologies
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Increase Alexa rank with most popular software tool. Improvement of Alexa ranking is obvious when widget is ON. Alexa boost observed is about 100-50% in terms of AlexaRank value.Alexa traffic estimation have improved and they have added many features like you can claim your site on Alexa and update more details and info about your site.

18. uditsh

uditsh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Sayem001,

First - SEO work can't be done for ever. It always flux so SEO needs regularity.
    Second - If you think you are doing quality work but your website's alexa rank is not getting better rank, I think you should worry about rank position of your targeted keywords, not for alexa rank. Because alexa rank doesn't have any impact in SEO.
    And of-course you can get better alexa rank if you target on your website content and content marketing.

Ofcourse you should be active in Yahoo Answers, Its a good Q&A website and you would get good traffic from there. I would also suggest you 'Quora' as well as Yahoo Answers.

Login into your Google Webmaster Tools and tap on 'Manual actions' tab to see what type of penalty you have.

19. sonali22chauhan

sonali22chauhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys, You give some very good suggestions, but my solution is just more traffic. The more traffic you can get, the higher your Alexa is bound to go... i wouldn't too much focus on this number though. As your traffic grows the Alexa will as well!

20. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend you that don't go for alexa rank. It is not genuine.
    It counts alexa ranking if someone has already installed alexa tool bar in browser and browsing your website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.