How to Improve the domain authority of this website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Furqan Arshad, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends,

I have been working hard in getting good quality links for the past some weeks. Authority of my website improved from DA 1 to DA 8. Which is not a very good sign, Can someone share expert advice on how I can improve it to at lest DA 20.

Thanks
    Help Appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Domain authority is counted on many points. some of them are link matrix, your brand value, UI, domain age and many more. but if you wants to gain DA fast than you should start to focus on link matrix and the UI here I am suggesting some of the link building tactics which will helps you to build some good links and you can build good DA for your Domain

1) Blog commenting
    2) Guest posings
    3) Forums
    4) Web 2.0

3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I wouldn't bother. DA means nothing at all, it's one of many vanity scores that has no use at all.

What you do need is help with your site. There is a list of things as long as your arm that need fixing. Did you build it yourself?

4. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the enhancement of the Domain Authority of the website, you need to use the quality content on your website. Quality content plays the major role in increasing the DA of the website. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I kind of build it myself. Got help from friend in Moving from custom CMS to Wordpress few months ago. Almost 3 Months ago, at that time domain authority was 13 and since I shifted it to Wordpress its authority has dropped.

6. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not a wordpress developer, but I can manage wordpress and know html css at a beginner level. I added new pages, content and onsite SEO.

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Well done for all that but what's more important is the visitor experience, how they perceive you and your business.

Getting this right needs proper planning. You can't just add a bunch of pages and images and hope. You need to nurture trust and carry the customer along on the conversion journey. This is what we design is all about. It's about the theme or the plugins, it's about convincing people that you are the right person for the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kimberly Stannis

Kimberly Stannis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Constant updates with quality content and some sort of interactive community on your website helps. That could be in the form of comments to your articles. Although I agree with Fisicx, I don't think DA is a big contributing factor to the success of your website. Good SEO, backlinks and social media presence is much more important in my experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with your point. Can you suggest some improvements in website ?

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Show me the jobs you have done. Put them on the homepage. Link each job to a new page with more images and a description of the job. Add a testimonial to the page (if it exists) and follow this up with your phone number, email and a contact form. Put your picture on everypage so I know who I'm talking to.

Get rid of everything that is not carpentry. If you offer other services build a new site on a different domain name.

Choose a simpler theme and get rid of all those plugins - you just don't need them. Make sure your site works really well on a tablet or phone.

Ideally, get someone to help build the site. You expect people to pay for a carpenter instead of doing it themselves - so why aren't you paying for a developer instead of doing it yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips. I really liked the idea of putting our recent work or job on front page. I definitely hire a developer to do this work. Thanks