How to Improve Alexa Rank?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Athar, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Athar

Athar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I want to increase my Web Alexa Ranking, My web SEO is better overall all of my keyword on top rank but still alexa rank in down why??

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Why do you even care about Alexa? Nobody cares waht your Alexa ranking is, all that matters is what the search engine think about your site.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The search engines don't care what your Alexa rank is, it has nothing to do with SEO. Alexa is a rough indication of the traffic coming to your site, I.e., the more traffic you get, the higher your Alexa rank will be. One possible reason that you're not getting the traffic even though your rankings are good could be the phrases you are pursuing. Are the people searching those phrases looking for a website like yours? How many searches do those phrases get? Is the information on your site relevant to the phrase being searched? Perhaps more keyword research is needed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Infoexposure

Infoexposure
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are so interested in improving your site alexa rank even though its not necessary this days I would recommend you try out rankboost a Google Chrome extention or simply invest on alexa.com
    But again I advice you it be a waste of fund becox alexa rank mean nothing to search engine. Lastly increase your posting frequency could also help you reduce your alexa rank as well as rank well on search engine.

5. Athar

Athar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your suggestion dear infoexposure.

6. dlassociates

dlassociates
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Results on Alexa don't have anything to do with how well you do on search engines. Additionally, Alexa often doesn't have enough (or even a lot of) information about websites that are just starting out. In all, don't worry about your Alexa rankings! More-so focus on your keywords for Google search rankings - which do affect your SEO. :)

7. nadeem

nadeem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use social media sites and share your business on different platforms in order to bring traffic. It is the fastest way to improve your alexa rank and also introduce your business to people.

8. Sally davidson

Sally davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But, Joseph Shivell, when the investors and partners (Knew about Alex’s Rank) will look up your Alexa Rank then what happen? I think its important way to evaluate the rank of your business on the web.

#8 Sally davidson, May 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
  9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Who does this? In 10 years I've never met anyone who looks at or cares about Alexa Rank.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The OP was concerned because his SEO rank was up, but not his Alexa rank. As I pointed out earlier, one has nothing to do with the other. Fisicx also makes an excellent point. In addition to the search engines, very few, if any, investors or partners care about Alexa rank as well.

11. Aish

Aish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hy. You should have to use quality contents and blog posting related to your website. You should have to use forum posting and commenting related your website. And then you can increase better your alexa rank.

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

That's not going to do anything to change your Alexa rank. Forum post and comments are all no-follow so won't achieve anything useful.

13. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well alexa ranking is a way to know how popular your website is there are lot of factors which are affecting alexa ranking but the most important one is Website traffic. You can install alexa tools and extensions in you browser which will initially improves your ranking as it correctly figure out the traffic. But if your website is not getting enough traffic try to improve it which will raise your alexa rank.

14. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really sad to know that people still ask for Alexa rank while purchasing sites via flippa. If I am not wrong Alexa rankings can also be manipulated.

15. Sayedul Mursalin

Sayedul Mursalin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was my question too about Alexa rank. And got some valuable answers. Thanks everyone for the help.

16. Vijay Lathiya

Vijay Lathiya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alexa ranking is based on a combined measure of Unique Visitors and Pageviews. so If you focus on your KEYWORD then you will get top position in SERP, top position help to get more visitor for your site and letter it increase your Alexa rank. :)

17. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never really cared about Alexa ranking to be honest with you as it's something that can easily be manipulated using a traffic bot, and Google can catch bot traffic quite easily.

18. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Joseph.Shivell as you said The search engines don't care what your Alexa rank so it doesn't mean anything. I appreciate your words as you share all Alexa-ranking but we all have a hearing about Alexa-rank for long & some webmaster pays attention towards Alexa Rank which is important for a website.

19. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Ignore those who think it is important. Focus on the thinks that make you money. Alexa ranking isn't one of them.