How to identify and cultivate your passion

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Kay, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sure you've all heard a million times that to succeed, you should "follow your passion". It's advice that's handed out to entrepreneurs on an almost daily basis. But what if you don't know what your passion is or will be? Zen Habits has an interesting piece on how to find that.

http://zenhabits.net/cultivating-passion/

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The main theme of that blog post is that you should schedule free time into your life and use that time to explore whatever takes your fancy. When something does take your fancy, the post recommends that you pursue that topic aggressively. In other words don't work yourself to death on something you are not passionate about.

However to be honest, I'm not sure that it offers real practical advice on how to discover your passion. Most people have some free time for hobbies etc and I don't see that the post includes much that would be very helpful to others.

Am I missing something?

3. SissyBard

SissyBard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

cultivation

Thanks for this link. It's always good to be reminded of how much time it takes to dedicate, incubate and cultivate before reaping rewards.

4. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well thats a very nice idea, to use your free time to find out what you are really passionate about and then pursue it full throttle.
    Infact i feel i do not have found yet my true calling in life. may be using my free time to do hit and trial would lead me there.