How To Hire The Perfect Employer - A guide to personal success in business

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Joe'sClark, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Joe'sClark

Joe'sClark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A great read on the subject of career success that a friend of mine recently suggested is “How to hire the perfect employer” by Jim Beqaj. It shows you how to find the perfect job based on your talents, how to find organizations that both want you and need you… All through an interesting narrative of his life as a banker. Link here: http://www.beqajinternational.com/infomercial.htm

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us Joe'sClark. What tips or lessons did you learn from the book, or in other words what about the book most impressed you?

3. Joe'sClark

Joe'sClark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a few things that impressed me about How To Hire The Perfect Employer. The Idea of constructing your own "personal infomercial" for interviews encapsulates basic public relations principals... showing why the company needs you but not outright telling them. The manner in which Beqaj develops his method through story and example is also quite great. It's well organized but certainly not dry to the point of being an instruction manual. In particular there's a section dedicated to what he calls "how to find your target rich environment"... It helps you narrow down and focus on very important problems/positions in potential employers that you can resolve/champion. Overall easy read, I had no idea bankers could also be great story tellers haha

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like a good book, thanks for the description Joe'sClark. I've added it to my basked on Amazon and may buy it at some time in the future.

5. Joe'sClark

Joe'sClark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good show! You will not be disappointed!

6. Joshua

Joshua
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was Googling this same book for more information on the author when I happened upon this thread, and I just wanted to weigh in - I picked it up a little while ago on the advice of a friend of mine, and it completely changed the way I approach finding a job. I had never considered the possibility that I could look at myself as a valuable commodity - the balance of power has always appeared to me to flow from prospective employer to prospective employee, not the other way around. The whole idea of a personal infomercial is just brilliant, and it's made me feel a lot better about my own prospects.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum Joshua and thanks for sharing that valuable feedback with us. It sounds like you really benefited from the book.