How to hide website content?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by Vfdehfv, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Vfdehfv

Vfdehfv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I don't want to receive web traffics from the specific countries then how can I hide website contents for those countries search engines/IP's? For example if I want to target only Google Australia and don't want to get traffics from other countries especially from UK,USA countries, so is it possible to restrict outside visitor to visit our site? If yes then will it have any negative effect on Site from the view point of SEO?

I am awaiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

2. hemantets

hemantets
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is a webmaster type question....

3. Indianweb

Indianweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use hidden content from crawler is a black hat SEO. so, used to avoid it.

4. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is possible to restrict the access of your website for specific countries. Your current web host can help you in this issue. FYI, if you send such a request to your host, they will block the IP rage of those countries. But in that case you will loose the certain amount of web traffic, which is not so good for website popularity.

5. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In Google webmaster tool setting, you can select geographic target. By doing this, you can reduce traffic from others country. Alternatively, you can make setting in IP, non Australia site will be redirect or totally cant access the site.

6. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

You can go to webmaster tools and target a specific region. You can also put a geo tag and a language tag on your site that declares your market and language.

I did both because I only service the US at the time, but I don't know if either of those two options "eliminates" searchers from other countries. On the other hand, both of these options would help.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do know it's possible but I don't know how.
    Of course, it do have a negative effect. That means, less traffic on your page from other countries.

8. Addaneye123

Addaneye123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is possible to prevent the convenience of your website for particular international locations. Your existing web manager can help you in this dilemma.

9. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can go to online web marketer alternatives and focus on a particular position. You can also put a geo tag and a terminology tag on your website that opinions your market position and terminology.

10. kathyclark

kathyclark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think that's possible. When you put a nofollow, you can put it for the entire geography. But I think there may be some mechanism.

11. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use blockscript.com, I did visit a forum, its totally block my ip. This method can only block 90% ++ visitor, because some user may bypass it through other proxy ip.

12. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don’t think it is a negative effect in some cases. Let suppose I am selling something that are targeted to specific country then it’s good for me if visitor’s from other counties will not come to my site because it only increase my site bounce rate(which have negative effect).:dunno:

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might be right on that. But what if the people, or visitors, that comes from a different country are interested on your products?

14. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to do is refer to GA report, from there we can accurately block a specific region traffic. If the benefit to block the traffic is greater than unblock traffic, it is good to block them.