How To Have A Successful Online Business

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by thealchemist, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thealchemist

thealchemist
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

There are a lot of people looking to start an online business but don't know where to start or which business to get into, or how to make their already existing business a success. Well there are a couple of things I would like to discuss which I hope helps anyone in any of these predicaments. Now I just want to let everyone know that the online business I'm going to be referring to is Affiliate Marketing. I think Affiliate Marketing is an excellent business for anyone who is looking for freedom, both in finances and also freedom of time, as having a successful Affiliate Marketing business will undoubtedly free you from working a 9 to 5.

So, here is the first tip that I guarantee will help anyone looking for success online. You have to understand the importance of bringing VALUE to the lives of your potential customers. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SKILL YOU CAN HAVE AS A BUSINESS OWNER!!! Having a successful business means that you first have to show your potential customers why they should even bother spending their money on you in the first place. People will spend their money only on things that they believe will improve their current existence.

Whether that's a cheeseburger, a new dress, a video game, or an online product or service; you have to get it through your potential customers head why it's important for them to purchase what you're selling; and you do this by NOT ASKING FOR MONEY UP FRONT. Give something away, like an eBook or a 3 part video series that provides plenty of information on whatever the subject matter is of the product or service that you are selling. I've seen Affiliate Marketers, including myself, give away complete eBooks that are so detailed, it makes you wonder why the person would even bother buying what they were selling. But here's the catch, they WILL buy. Simply because (A) you have proven to them that you are an honest business person, so honest in fact that you've just given them a product that carries so much value that they could simply walk away and be happy; and (B) you've now struck a cord with their curiosity. They are now wondering what your product or service has that the eBook didn't. You've now planted a seed in their mind that makes them more comfortable with pulling out those wallets and paying for whatever you are selling simply because you provided value FIRST before you asked for any money.

Your job is to provide value, and to serve the customer. So if you want to make more money online, all you have to do is serve more people.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Providing some valuable stuff to your prospect would give a good impression and may lead to a sale. However, it also depends on the kind of product or service you are offering. If it is some information or book that you would be selling then the ebook or promo you provide initially matters a lot. If you can convince the reader through the short version that the full book is worth whatever you are asking then only you can expect them to shell out the cash.

3. AmbitiousStudent

AmbitiousStudent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In most e-books that provide tips, advice etc I think one of the fundamental differences between a successful e-book and an unsuccessful one is to add a psychological analysis, viewpoint, angle on the subject you are talking about. That could be from offering a subtle not-so-pushy approach in your advertising to body language and tone of voice. Another element that should be included is mental techniques such as meditation, visualisation, repetition and just a positive overall energy.

4. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to add here.
    follow 3i principle.
    Any tactic that you initiate (i), start it with small and then iterate it (i). After your tactics are iterated try to integerate (i) it with other aspects of digital marketing.
    Have a good command on analytics. Try to visualize the performance through analytic time and again until you become veteran in it. with the passage of time you will have a better control on your campaigns and also will help you in taking right decisions to improvise it.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not familiar with that, can you please tell us a little more about it?

6. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi thealchemist. I totally agree that it is all about creating value. Money (which is just one form of energy) flows to the highest value and those who have become rich through the tool of business, have found a way to provide a massive amount of value to many people! Before starting a business and throughout a business lifetime this is the core thing the business must be thinking and rethinking about!

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think there is a method for success. Some people may be successful following a expert and some don't become successful. It's how you think and how you do things. Your business cannot be successful without your efforts. Also, Failure is key to success.

8. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think overcoming your failure gracefully and working hard with more potential even than before is the first step towards success. All the successful people in the world have firstly accepted their failure, gave a lot of time to understand the reason behind their failure and then moved ahead for their goal.

#8 AnushaJain, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  9. buildindia

buildindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keep Your Website Design Simple and Well-Organized
    Respond To Your Visitors Promptly
    Engage Your Visitors
    Give Your Visitors a Reason To Come Back
    Do Not Over-Sell To Your Visitors
    Do Not Over Optimize Your Website
    Do Not List Your Website In Bad Neighbourhoods
    Maintain a High Quality Mailing List
    Remember At The End Of The Day Your Customers Are STILL Real People

10. garry

garry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You also need to evaluate your strategy for what are working and not. This way you can establish more time to those strategy that are working than continuing strategies that are not worth the time. You also need the passion on what you do so that you wont give up easily on trials.

11. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

To succeed you must have a passion for the idea, which is more than the purpose of making money. When you find the balance between the dream and the reality, you will be able to shape both and merge them as a successful online. This passion, this drive gives you persistence to move forth. Success isn't won easily. Good luck in each and every initiative!

12. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there! Really a great post. Building a business online is like writing an article. You have to have a good INTRODUCTION to entice the readers to go on reading. That is why you must outlined the essentials and interesting body of the article. With that, you can have a great conclusion. In business building, it is imperative to have a deep understanding of what you have to offer, whether it is a product or a service. The real success of an online business is when your customer really get the value of what they are paying. And when you do that, a lot more will be coming for your business. With today's trend of online businesses, with the aid of virtual assistants and online marketing, success of yours is an effort away.

13. henna

henna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi benjamin,

I checked out what you've shared via the link. It contains simple tips to start online business. Also you mentioned about deal websites in 2nd point. You're right as deal websites are becoming more popular, and a large number of people are benefited by the offers and discounts. Many small and medium business entrepreneurs prefer coupon or deal sites for making money online, in fact it's working great for them!!!

14. tomhardy

tomhardy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First you learn about how to start business online. Then analyze what kind of business I can do. There are thousands of ways to start a new business. But, beware to invest money in any product.

15. MikePeterson

MikePeterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen a lot of people grow successful online businesses by doing the following:

1. Search for a need and fulfill it.
    2. Design and build an easy-to-use website.
    3. Use search engines like Google, G+ to drive traffic to your web site.
    4. Make an expert image for yourself.
    5. Follow up with your customers and subscribers with e-mail.
    6. Increase your income through back-end sales and up selling.

16. kellyjohn

kellyjohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you start a business, you have to keep these tips!!!!

Have a Plan
    Set up Your Business Correctly
    Invest in Your Success
    Get help when you need it

17. marklee

marklee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you ,we need to take care of the strategies we using to promote our business.If we are not working with proper mission & vision then it is difficult to get the best results.

18. sayem001

sayem001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing with us the valueable information.I want to add more with you ahnesty and hard work can make a man a succussfull man.I want to add some more point
    1.Focus-Always focus on your work.
    2.Taking Action-Never afraid about work.Go action as soon as possible
    3.Finding a Mentor
    4.Not Re-Inventing the Wheel
    5.Patience

19. Tim1

Tim1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly, thank you. I am so sick of all these books that promise to provide you with the ‘magic way to make money’….there is no magic way. Offer a good product that people want, offer good customer service, and you will have customers. All those get-rich books are just there for people who are gullible enough to believe in it.

20. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I also agree with the above comment that there is no short cut or magic to earn money. for success in Online business planning & execution matter a lot.If we work with a positive approach and dedication than we definitely success in online business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.