How to get traffic in Social Media without being spammy

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by danemedel, Dec 20, 2012.

1. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to get traffic in Social Media without being spammy? Any tips guys?

2. lray

lray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take a look at some big name corporations out there with large numbers of followers and see what kinds of posts they're making and what kind of interaction their posts get. Having a high follower count doesn't matter if people aren't engaging in the discussions. Evaluate posts from companies with no engagement from followers to see what doesn't work and also take a look at posts from companies getting tons of likes and comments on posts for ideas on what does work.

Here's an article about some of the best social media campaigns ever, take some of their know-how and apply it to your business. http://au.smallbusiness.yahoo.com/p...-7-best-social-media-campaigns-ever/14805273/

• Like Like x 2
  3. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In general, you must always post interesting contents. However, there are some things that you need to consider like targeting your audience, what topic you want to post, etc. And remember don't post more than one. That will surely become spamming.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @TouchPointD

@TouchPointD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main thing is that your posts should offer something of value to your followers, whether it's a link to an article or just a brief fact about something. Give people a reason to "listen" to you online. The result will be that they will trust you more and will be more likely to do business with you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You just need to make yours unique and ensure that you're being professional. Spam to me includes any ads or sites that look generic or similar to other spam sites. Unprofessional ads stand out as spam to me too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shreevenkatesh

shreevenkatesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are 10 Tips for Building Traffic Without Being Spammy :

(1) It’s all about relationships
    (2) Ask for permission
    (3) Don’t bug the same people all the time
    (4) Don’t send requests and invites every day
    (5) Look into cross promotion
    (6) Build community, not traffic
    (7) Become a part of other communities
    (8) There’s no competition, only opportunity
    (9) Don’t be pushy
    (10) Don’t forget to say thank you

• Like Like x 2
  7. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The basic entry, you must like to social with people. E.g answer user question, collect their feedback. I seem lot of social media manager post lot of useless thing, the correct way is post and track. E.g. put a bit.ly link to analysis the user response. Once identify the potential content, put all eggs to one bucket.....let the topic grow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lincoln Smith

Lincoln Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One should write fresh content. Do not copy & paste it from other web site. And do not make bulk submission. Post only on those topics in which you have mastery.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This advice was kind of offered above, but try to develop relationships with other/larger social media competitors. Offer to post a great offer on their site, and slowly build your customer base up. Keep your posts engaging but asking questions and offering your fans an opportunity to get involved in discussions on your site.

• Like Like x 1
  10. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can you do the "bit.ly link" and get tracked?

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

That makes a lot of sense. I will definitely follow that. Thank you :)

What do you mean? Like posting my info on other page? Is that acceptable? Aren't they going to block me?

11. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create quality back links from relevant forums and blogs, and update unique and fresh content at your site...

12. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get Social Media Referral Traffic Post quality Content on Social Channels. You can use external link like News, Offers, Best Tool s/w of the year etc. also but for the time being. lets engaged user first with your channels. don't try to post website links day by day on social channels.

• Like Like x 1
  13. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

bit.ly is a process to redirect short url to original long url. When you create an article or images to share in social media or any print paper, the url would be some like
    Code:
    e.g http://www.example.com/abc123xyz
    , with conversion to shorten url it become
    Code:
    http://bit.ly/XyZ
    . Whenever readers click the short link, it will redirect, track the ip, traffic source.

• Like Like x 1
  14. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being a professional is not really necessary. It will still depend on what field you belong to. For example, if you are in a business, it's a must that you have to act professional for you will be ignored if you don't. But in general, you just have to make something that will catch the attention of other users. Something that will make them surprised. All interesting stuffs are entertained by many social media patrons whether you are a professional or not.

Again, it will still depend on your target audience. There are topics that are naturally boring in spite of you making it interesting. One of the best keys is interesting stuffs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This topic for social media and you should talk about how to create back links in forums???

16. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media optimization is all about exposing your website on social media channels like Facebook twitter linkedin; it helps you in building good social media reputation with more traffic, which is considered by Google while ranking your website in search results.

17. stella123

stella123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to get the good traffic for your social media sites use the humor and interesting content for your site. allow the people to interact to your site. dont post business related post all times. take some hot topic and start the interaction with the people. let allow the people to comment on your status and give proper reply all time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly, you should to create best profile and page for your website and their required update daily information about your website. You should make your website very interesting then share the link of your site to the different social media. People are attracted to interesting things so surely you'll get traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can i shorten the links? Do you use website? or software to do that? or tools rather?

I agree with you. but posting "Interesting stuff" is the hardest part. We never know what topic will give interest to others. Sometimes when I think that one topic gives interest on me, I don't know if it goes the same way with others. How can you post an interesting stuff in general? Things like will never be ignored. Can you give us an example?

20. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry, but I am not asking tips regarding back links. I am asking about traffic :)