How to get traffic in my website

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by eyeshiv, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyeshiv

eyeshiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are website designing in Delhi, I want to increase traffic on my website i am doing directory submission, Bookmarking but there is no effect in page rank and traffic.
    Please suggest me some tips so that i can increase traffic on my web page.

2. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well There are three things

1)Traffic
    2)Ranking
    3)Page Rank

Traffic can come with the help of several mediums like social media marketing, Google+ and Facebook are useful for that' 2nd is Ranking it comes slowly and gives you more targeted audience it includes social media marketing, social bookmarking, directory submission, article writing and subsmission and etc. This process is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization). 3rd thing is Page Rank' page rank comes with time, it check how many backlinks are actually giving you authority links or how many websites are pointing towards your website it gives you authority and it is how you improve page r

3. Petko

Petko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Eyeshiv,

Basically you can drive traffic to your site with 3 methods - PPC ads from Google, social media advertising( facebook) and SEO (search engine optimization). Forget about those directory submission and social bookmarking. They were working before couple of years- today they almost have zero importance in the google ranking. Also forget about the PR - page rank. These days Domain authority and Page authority are more important.

PPC from Google - If you have budget, hire a local PPC agency, which will manage your ads professionally and will bring traffic and leads to you. PPC is good for instant results. The bad thing is that when stop paying your site disappear from the page 1 as well as the traffic and leads. It is good for start, but the long term solution is SEO. Prepare ads budget - let say 300-500 usd per month and the ads agency will be able to drive good amount of traffic to your site, which will convert around 1-2 % if the site is optimized correctly.

SEO - You can do local SEO. Claim your business at google local. Verify your address (can be home based as well). Optimize your local page - tittles, description, address, phone. Then find a list of local business directories in India like those in USA - yelp, city search etc. Spreading your NAP - name, phone and address trough those directories will help you to gain local ranking. Google loves those business directories ;) as they help them to know that you are legit local business and will show your local page to the map when someone search for example " web design Delhi". Also it is important to choose your keywords wisely - make some research and find those which have good commercial intense. Some local searches can have small amount of monthly searches, but all those are local clients which are looking for your services. Also add a blog to your site and post 2 articles per week with unique content, which will target long tail keywords as well. Optimize your site for organic ranking - tittles, descriptions , H1,H2,H3 tags, unique content with density around 2-3%, site load speed, validate html and Css, picture alt tag and many other things, which I will not post now. Those are the basics. When the site is on page optimized, purchase some link building services and drip the links for a month. Be careful with the anchor text - use some generic as well like click here, learn more etc. as well as raw URL. Be careful with the link building services which you purchase - do NOT buy blog comments, wiki links, crappy blog network posts (those who are around 1 usd per post). You need your links to be from high authority pages and from different sources in order to rank. It is slow process, it takes time, but once you achieve page 1, you will receive traffic and leads.

Facebook ads - It is good, because it is cheap and you can target small business owners which live in Delhi. For targeting search around there are plenty of forums and blogs for facebook ads targeting else find someone to do it. Create a facebook page , link your website, post interesting content and promote your posts to the right audience. It will bring results if the ads are targeted right. The bad thing is that facebook decrease the organic reach of the posts and you need to pay them in order to reach your fans, which is bad for the small business owner.

Hope that helps a bit. Of course there are a lot details which I did not posts as I have some other things to do. If you have questions ask here or PM

Cheers
    Petko

4. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the SMO is the best way of increase your website traffic by using the Social networking sites. there are many sites of social networking but the good sites are Facebook, twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, Pinterest, Hi5, LinkedIn, Digg, foursquare and MySpace all these social networking website are high page rank and high traffic. And you can improve your Keyword ranking and website ranking factory are given below: Blog Posting, Article Submission, Press Release, Yahoo Answers, Forum Posting, Image Sharing, Classifieds Ads, all these strategies have use the quality content related website posting and high page rank submission. All these off-page seo strategies required daily posting use the quality content post and increase your website traffic and keyword ranking.

According to me at these time directory submission and social Bookmarking ignore your these strategies. these all the link created by Social bookmarking and directory submission is removed by the website after 2-3 months and we lost our reputation on search engine.

5. colnettella

colnettella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To drive traffic to your website try to submit unique content to high PR sites which will offer quality backlinks to your site. Do some off page activities like article syndication, guest posting, social bookmarking, forum posting and business listing which will help in link building purpose.

6. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are plenty of ways by which you can increase your website traffic. Search engine optimization is one of the best and popular ways to improve website traffic and website popularity in major search engines.

7. matthewgayle

matthewgayle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to increase your website traffic is to use social media platforms to promote your high quality content. Google Plus and Facebook are good source to share your content, to connect more people.

8. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is not any direct connection between Page rank and Traffic.
    There are two types of traffic :
    Relevant
    Un relevant or bounces
    For relevant you need to choose right keywords with high search volume and rank your website on these keywords.
    For 2nd type you just need to share you link on facebook and other social networking website among your friends ask for visit, but it's not a good way.

9. SIC2014

SIC2014
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Eyeshiv

You need to think about what type of traffic you want to drive to your website. There is no point driving loads of traffic to your site, if it is the wrong kind ie not your target audience.

It is important to first define personas - ideal visitors who are interested in the product/service you sell. Once you have defined these, you need to choose a digital marketing strategy (SEO/PPC/Social/Affiliates etc) which will fit. SEO is for the long haul and it will take a few months to start ranking high. PPC is a quicker solution but will cost you.

Stay away from directory submissions - it will be a waste of time and money and doesn't work anymore.

10. sayem001

sayem001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi eyeshiv,
    Directory submission, social Bookmarking is good but not the best way to increase your traffic.Now Google focus on content.You need quality backlinks for increase your traffic.If you want to increase organic traffic then you have to use unique content.By using unique content you can do web 2,Guest blogging,article marketing.Those work will help you for increase your traffic.By doing social bookmarking you will get some traffic for a moment.Directory submission and social Bookmarking is not enough.

#10 sayem001, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  11. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do Forum Posting, Social Bookmarking, Article and Blog submission, etc. These all are some of the effective SEO Off-page technique, which helps to drive traffic. Make sure that you do submissions in quality website.

12. parth

parth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HI,
    Here i am sharing my experience, do Forum Posting, Article and Blog submission and Social Bookmarking. These are tactice very effective for SEO offpage, it helps to drive traffic.One thing is most important do submissions in quality website.

Thank You

13. aya

aya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its my personal Experience share with you that i am doing Social Media, social bookmarking, 2.0 weblog submission, and Business list is a very powerful back link and its a very helpful to generate traffic for my website.

14. jackkalls

jackkalls
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Develop good headlines. Headlines are the first thing readers see, and are typically the only thing they see if the article is shared. Your headlines should jump out at the reader and quickly draw their attention. A good headline can dramatically increase your views when shared on a social network.
    See this guide for a detailed breakdown of what makes an effective headline.

15. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generating only links low or medium will not take us too far, even can get ranking for a few day, we can get push down within blink of an eye with SE updates. We must focus more users now by fulfilling their needs with posts, stuffs, content, offers etc... Social media is a great way to do this.

16. fleagle

fleagle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

traffic comes from age of the domain, number of pages that link back to the home page that are related to your niche. Active social booking marketing every day and posting to forums and groups helps too.

17. sehajkumar

sehajkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are many ways to get traffic on the website. SOCIAL Bookmarking is the mainly used technique for traffic.SMO means social media optimization is the another method for get the traffic.SMO sites are like Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn,Google Plus,P interest.Share your products and contents on the social sites then invite your friends to like the post....

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.