How to get SEO Resource?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Zwillson, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Zwillson

Zwillson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I need SEO Resource.

Like Comment posting URL, forum Link.

Thank you.

2. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two different ways, some are black hat and some are white hat, follow white hat only.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I was thisclose to removing this thread when I realized that ConanLake has a point, and I can use this to educate those who are either naive or simply don't know any better because they are listening to the wrong people. In spite of what you may think, NO ONE needs comment posting URLs, forum links, blog comments, directory listings, or any other so-called "resources" for SEO purposes. What you do actually need is a well-written, organized website that gives visitors what they are looking for, in a way that makes it easy to find. You also need to participate in various networking sites by writing informative articles that readers will find interesting, to both create links (but not too many), and impress the reader enough that they may want to link to you. You should also read and comment on other articles as well ( DO NOT include a link to your website), so that other members of the networking sites can get to know you, and you may later be able to request links from them.

By the way, anyone who does reply with the so-called "resources" that Zwillson has innocently requested will have their posts removed.

#3 Joseph.Shivell, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Joe, this may be opening a can of worms but I disagree with your blanket statement "DO NOT include a link" when commenting on other articles.

I comment on legal issues frequently on a number of networking sites and blogs and rather than try to give either a long response to a question that is adequately answered somewhere else or a short answer that fails to address the full issues, I often include a link to a good resource. Sometimes that resource is an article I have written on my own website or on another website; often it is a link to a different authoritative source that has no relationship to me. When reading articles, I am also grateful for other people who contribute additional substance by adding a link to a useful resource in their comments.

Never should someone include a link simply for the sake of adding a link to their own site, nor should someone only add links to their own site, even if those links are relevant. No one should add irrelevant links or even add relevant links that add zero benefit to the discussion. Nor should a person comment only when the comment is an opportunity to add a link. However, I believe that providing links in the appropriate circumstances is perfectly acceptable as part of being a good member of a community.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Of course, if you can link to a resource that is relevant to the discussion you are commenting in, and adds to the discussion, by all means do so, but only as part of an actual comment. If a short answer does not address the full issue, give the short answer anyway, then include a link to the resource.
    Your second paragraph was the actual point of my saying not to include a link. Given the subject of the thread, I thought that the meaning of my comment not to add a link was obvious. However, I have edited my post to make that point clearer. Whether in a blog, forum, article, or any other venue where comments are desired, no one should make a comment with the sole purpose of obtaining a link to their website. Thank you for the opportunity to make that clarification.

6. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, firstly the content of the site is important and then what matters is the backlink to your site.

7. res5ect

res5ect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i'm not agree. what will happen when i want to make SEO on one word only? i have 24362387 results to fight with... ok ... with good content i make 1-2 page... after this???

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why are you pursuing a one-word keyword that is so competitive? Does it get enough buying traffic to justify the time it would take to get your web page ranked for one word?
    In any case, the length of the keyword doesn't matter. The "resources" that Zwillson was looking for will most likely lead to a lot of spam links, which is not what he wants. Using what is often referred to as "white hat" techniques will take a long time and a lot of work for competitive keywords like yours, but the consequences of using the wrong techniques will make ranking your web page even harder to achieve.

9. paulsimmons

paulsimmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looking at the requirement looks like its clear he wants a blackhat guy. :cool:

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Or, he could already know that he shouldn't be using the requested "resources", and he's simply trying to get backlinks for his, or his client's, website(s). On the other hand, if he thinks that forum signature links are actually going to help, he either doesn't know any better, or he actually is a blackhat guy. Either way, I thought this would be an opportunity to educate the members so they don't fall for these techniques.

11. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Find and attend SEO related forums - like this one; read and learn. You'll know what suits you but be advised the easy (black) way is wrong way as mentioned above...
    Regards
    Chill

12. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most important resource that you can get is from your competitors. Analyze your competitor website try to make out things that you have not tried and there several other tools that are available that can help you in seo. Back link checker,broken linkā€¦ But I think webmaster and analytic are the best.

13. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The conversation above is getting viral. The black hat technique means not to do it and its bad. White hat means to do it cause its good. Grey hat technique is the combination of black and white hat technique it is not bad like black hat. We can used it cause there is some category that didn't consider as a black and white hat techniques.

14. gregoryh

gregoryh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO these days is all about quality. It's better if you can scrape a list of your own. Shared lists on forums, blogs are normally spammed and you may harm your site by putting a backlink on those shared forums/blogs.

15. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Black hat strategies is also banned by the Google. If any of webmaster using the black hat seo then their website may get penalized. So , try to avoid Black hat SEO strategies.

16. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO companies are struggling to tell you what to do because they are scared that Google will punish them. So they do very little and call it reputation management and content outreach. These phrases weren't in their vocabulary 12 months ago!

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The only SEO companies that are truly scared are the ones who have not kept up to date over the years about the various changes in Google's algorithms, and are still using old, outdated techniques that don't work any more. Those that have kept up to date know what to do and how to do it.