How to get Relative Traffic ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by MBA Trainer, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I get relative traffic from Facebook ? For this purpose I have joined many groups but sill not a single visitor arrived on my site.

2. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will hardly get few genuine traffic from facebook. If you want to drive huge relevant site to your website then start participating to relevant forum sites and provide helpful and genuine answer the question which has been asked.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting relevant traffic to your site from social media has always been difficult. Facebook is probably the worst for it, even though it's one of the busiest platforms in the world.

As @joy.linford says, your better off aiming at the forums, especially forums that are relevant to your site.

If your set on social media though, Pinterest can also be an option depending on what your site is aimed at. A few people have had success through that.

4. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having Facebook shares and likes are the Alpha and the Omega but it is not an easy task. Note that the reason why someone likes and shares to your page post is the quality of your content.
    Create a blog and communicate with other bloggers to write about your site, submit your news in forums and inform the users for products or services that might find interesting.
    Visit moz blog here's post link https://moz.com/blog/driving-traffic-from-facebook-whiteboard-friday this post will let you know more.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Have you done anything else other than join the groups? Just joining groups is not enough, you also have to participate. You also have to start discussions of your own, and post updates concerning information and news about your type of business. Relative traffic is going to be harder to get because you are not advertising (you're not, are you?). You are educating your potential clients in a way that, hopefully, will put your name uppermost in their mind when they need your product or service.

• Like Like x 2
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of people can also pay for getting likes and shared off social media. I'm not saying that I personally would go down this route because while it might be legal, I'm not entirely sure how ethical it is.

You obviously want genuine likes off people that are interested in your content but if all else fails, then it might be something to consider in the future?

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would never recommend paying for likes no matter what happen with other methods. Since most, if not all, of these "likes" are fake, the only person who benefits is the person who sold them, and they do not provide the benefits that others think they do, including those who think it will encourage real people to "like" you.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd never pay for likes or ratings either to be honest. A lot of people do though so I guess it must work for some people so it is a route that people could go down.

You only have to look at some ratings though and you can easily see they are fake. This does more harm than good to a business as people then immediately get put off because they know you've had to pay someone to rate you, rather than relying on genuine satisfied customers.

9. iikmindia

iikmindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all you connect your site with all social channels. and you should post informative content not only promotional.

10. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media is a desolate land for most people and very few can find that beautiful watering hole that gives them what they desire. Keeping in mind what the other posts have already written, the best course of action here is to always keep your page updated frequently and advertise your facebook every single time you do something significant to show off what you've done.

IE: Making a youtube channel that promotes the facebook page in every single episode.

11. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly you need to know about your website and company, what is they actually do after that find your real visitors and share with them your products and services. From real visitors you get real traffic.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having the social buttons on the site isn't a gaurentee that to generate traffic as much as you think unfortunately. While it's true that most people will use social media in one form or another, there's not that many that would use these buttons to share particular blogs or sites for some reason.

13. kiempinon

kiempinon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are the lots of the way like SEO,SMO and PPC .I give you one example that how you can go to increase your business.
    There are lots of marketing platform available I used geenapp for best cpa offer.
    Unmatchedapp is a mobile marketing platform for affiliate and advertisers.

unmatchedapp

14. Rajeev Sharma

Rajeev Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have to link to the sites which has related content with our site, we can link bu using reciprocal and even by forum posting also, then we can get related trafic and related back links to our site...

15. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unfortunately Facebook is not effective for getting traffic but I would recommend using different platforms aside from Facebook. Try various blog sites, forum sites, active online communities, etc. First establish your site by earning trust from the targeted users and people.

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Reciprocal links, when used specifically to get links for SEO puposes, are a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines. Forum posting may get some traffic (I haven't had much luck with it, and no longer have a link in my signature), but is no longer an acceptable source for backlinks.

17. Problem Solver

Problem Solver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on my experience most Facebook groups have very little interaction or participation from it's members. This represents an opportunity for you to innovate. We create and facilitate a private group that is invite-only that way we can control how the group operates. We share current news, expert tips, engaging discussions, and other strategies that will help professionals succeed in small business. Our business has grown and I'm confident that with the right strategy behind your campaign, Facebook groups can work for you.

18. ComparePrepaid

ComparePrepaid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion facebook sharing and likes are not enough to get traffic, you have to make more profiles on social networking websites such as Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and more.

#18 ComparePrepaid, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  19. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your social media post has good content and if its reaching to the potential readers then your clicks to the post will definitely increase.. write something very interesting and promote the post for right audience

20. Khalid

Khalid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is a challenge but it isn't completely dead as there are people making a living just optimizing Facebook marketing!

If you have money to spend on Facebook ads then this is one way to good. The amount of personal data they have compiled on their users makes Google look like a joke. You can segment by country, age group, interests, people who like a particular page (i.e. you can advertise directly to your competitor's fans) etc. I had some success with paid ads but decided to focus more on the free side of things.

You mentioned that you joined many groups but as mentioned earlier in the thread, joining is not enough, you need to participate. Liking won't be enough either, you need to write some type of comment to catch people's attention enough that they will want to find out who you are.

Have a look at all of those groups and see which content received the most likes and comments. Make a note of the type, picture, video, link etc and eventually a trend will start to appear. Find more of that type of material to share on your Facebook page.

A huge time saver for me as been the scheduling feature for posts. You can also use Buffer but I use the native Facebook scheduler. What I do is pick a day on the weekend and find various pieces of content, then schedule them for the next week or 2 weeks. That's it! You can then focus on something else and check in during the week to respond to comments etc. After you have some more data, check your Page Insights to see what content worked best and post more of that type.

It will take some time but eventually your fan base will grow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.