How to get Ranking without linkbulding?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zotowatson, Oct 27, 2015.

1. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I just analyzed a website name "freemp3download-sites" It is ranking on Keyword "Free mp3 Download sites". The website is just launched in July2015 and have 25 backlinks only and all almost all the backlinks are from 4-5 Domain. But this website still Ranking in Google SERP.

I Have some question about that website :

1. How this website get ranked even it has low DA and PA as well as it have not enough back links.

2. I thing they are using black hat technique to get ranked well.

3. Is this website get panelized by Google?

Thanks
    Watson

2. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is because the exact match domain. Although google is not giving any importance to exact match domains in ranking, but still you can see some results.

3. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per as my analysis there are huge number of website with exact match domain but they are not even in ranking.

For Example :
    http://free-mp3downloadsites.com/
    http://freemp3downloadsites.us/
    http://www.freemp3downloads.info/

Why these websites are not ranking. You can see all have same exact match domain but they are not in Ranking upto 100 positions in Google SERP.

4. bizmen

bizmen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having the exact match domain is a good plus.

Usually it is enough to rank in the first 3 spots with Yahoo, Bing, even Baidu.

But not with Google. They have changed their algorithm in 2013 to limit the importance of the exact match domain.
    Nevertheless, if you are in a niche with low competition, it still is a huge bonus. If we're talking insurance, loans etc, it has only a minor effect.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As zotowatson pointed out, saying that an exact match domain can rank because it is an exact match, as Alan Ron did, is not always correct. If it is in a niche with low competition, it can happen, although I would not call it a "huge" bonus. I would go so far as to say you could ignore the exact match domain and concentrate on more important things, although if you have one, I wouldn't get rid of it. Getting back to zotowatson's original questions:

1. How is this website getting ranked even it has low DA and PA as well as it have not enough back links.
    There are several factors used to determine whether a website deserves to have it's pages ranked, of which the quantity and quality of their backlinks is only one. As far as the backlinks themselves, having a few quality backlinks is much better than having a large quantity of low-quality links.

2. I think they are using black hat techniques to get ranked well.
    Although that is possible, it would take a detailed review of their website and link profile to determine if this is indeed the case. Even then, there would have to be a reason why black hat techniques are suspected, other than the ranking of their website and/or their domain.

3. Is this website get panelized by Google?
    I'm not sure what "panelized" means, and what it has to do with rankings on Google. Even if you actually meant "penalized" your question is not clear. How would getting penalized help their rankings, never mind help them get to the top of the rankings? Or, did you mean to ask if they will get penalized by Google. This goes back to the previous question. If they are indeed using black hat techniques, or other techniques that violate Google's Webmaster Guidelines, it's possible they may get penalized by Google, but that is Google's decision to make, if and when they feel it is appropriate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #5 Joseph.Shivell, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015