How to get ranking for new website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by krishnanayak, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. towertech

towertech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Following are the best to get fast ranking for new websites.
    • The best on-Page SEO (Web Content play the most important role - please learn how to write web content for getting good result).
    • Link building - Get high authority back links for your website
    These are the most important factor to get ranking fast.

Thanks

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In his post, John Mueller said this :

"Just to be absolutely clear, if you are dropping links to your site in other people's forums in the hope of gaming search engines, then that's considered web-spam and can be taking into account by both our algorithms and our manual web-spam teams. It doesn't matter how much "PR" the other site has, it doesn't matter if it's a .gov forum -- what you're doing would be considered web-spam by us."

So, yes, I would say that forum backlinks can hurt your ranking.

4. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In recent Google algo updates, you will require higher quality backlinks from website with authority and trust by Google; the mentioned methods are consider weak and sometimes considered spammy links. These links may cause more harm as Google now can red flag your page quite immediately as it is now going by real-time update. For Directory, I will suggest you try submitting your website to DMOZ as it is the hardest to get into and has been around for a long time.

5. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I understand, but why forum and blog commenting is being suggested to improve backlinks to a site.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It's being suggested by people who don't know any better. The SEO world has changed a lot over the last few years, the search engines have got smarter and most of the old methods no longer work. The focus is moving away from links and back towards content. Get your content right and get some good inbound citations if you want to rank well.

The general rule is: the easier a link is to obtain, the lower the value of the link.

7. Bruce Mesnekoff

Bruce Mesnekoff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make sure your site is readable and comfortable first.
    Second, target your crowd using keywords analysis tool and put these in your site but don't over do it. The most important parts are the titles, make sure they contain the keywords.
    Then start link building process by getting all kinds of links to make a " natural " look to your linking profile.

Thanks

#67 Bruce Mesnekoff, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016
  8. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Signals does help to improve rankings if you have decided not to go for backlinks that is; social sharing goes hand in hand with good content, so maybe you should join some relevant social media groups and see what they like to read. From there you can write some articles/content based on your findings.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No they don't. They may help visitors but there is zero direct ranking benefit from publishing on any SM site.

10. annarichart

annarichart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should focus on the quality of your content, your keyword. I tend to use long-tail keywords in my copy as they help to boost my GG ranking quickly. Moreover,keep in mind putting a sharing button on your blog or website, which allows your site visitors can share valuable and interesting content on your social channel like FB or Twitter.

11. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i agree with you, social medias will help to drive traffic juice to the site though they are not directly influence ranking.

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Most of the time they don't even do this. The reason they don't is because everyone is doing it and SM feeds are now flooded with adverts and promotions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am referring to social signals coming from your websites not SM sites.

14. Himanshu Kashyap

Himanshu Kashyap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you please tell me how to increase engagement with users by creating a profile on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and G+? And how to Increase the ranking of your website by not creating backlinks? And when your website has no traffic how can you really engage with the users??

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You cannot increase engagement by creating a profile, nor should you create profiles on dozens, or eventually hundreds, of sites merely to create links to your website. Creating a profile is the first step in the process. You then must participate on a regular basis by creating articles or posts yourself, and by participating in the discussions of others.
    In rare cases, if you have a business in a specialized niche with very little competition, it could be possible to rank your website without backlinks, but you have to have a quality website and promote it in other ways. What sameera was referring to is the outdated methods the OP was using, which are no longer acceptable. In most cases, you need to have a combination of created links, through articles, blog posts, and videos of your own, and "earned" links, which are links created by others due to your participation in the indicated SM websites.
    Sameera was referring to engaging with the users of the SM websites, in the ways I indicated above.