How to get ranking for new website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by krishnanayak, Jul 30, 2015.

1. krishnanayak

krishnanayak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi......everyone i have a new website i did regularly off page submission like: Directory , Bookmarking, Forum, Blog commenting and new Blog posting But my post does not show in SERP till last page so someone suggest me what i do and how much time taken for SERP.

2. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The activities you have mentioned are worth doing only when you are doing it in a right way. Directory submission, social bookmarking, blog commenting are in a bottom list when we talk about promotion and ranking of any website. These are now considered as old SEO techniques are highly avoidable now a days. Instead of focusing on these old SEO tactics, I would recommend you to use these techniques as follows:

Creating your profile on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+ etc. Start using these profiles to increase your engagement with the users. Do not only focus on creating backlinks from these sites. Focus on user engagement and the activities you will do there.

Create a free blogging profile on websites like Wordpress, Blogger and Tumblr etc. Share content that is related to your services.

If you want to use forums and communities then you can go with it but do not try to promote your services there. Keep sharing your knowledge there and establish yourself as an expert.

• Like Like x 1
    #2 sameera, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  3. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wish I was along to offer some advice but sadly I am not. Like you I am eager to get some help in this area for two sites I am associated with. I am quite limited in this area and would be happy if others with more knowledge would jump in and offer some useful suggestions. Recently I read this about new websites online:
    • will get little or no showing in the search engine listings for 6 months to a year
    • will get higher than deserved rankings for a short period
    • will appear and disappear from the listings intermittently"

There is much for me to learn in this area, so I am trying to research as much as possible in what little time I have available.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with you but have a couple of suggestions. Rather than saying "are highly avoidable" you should say something like "should be avoided". Also, I think you meant to say "I would not recommend you use these techniques".

Sameera is correct. With the exception of the mistake made above, all of the techniques you mentioned are outdated. As far as the time. if you are doing it yourself, it depends on how much time you can devote to it. It may take awhile, as you have to run your business in addition to your marketing efforts, and may not have the time necessary to get the results you need. Hiring someone can be a bit of a minefield, but there are a few people and firms that know what they are doing. An individual will take longer than a marketing firm, but who you hire will depend on the funds you have available.

This will depend on whether you do it yourself or hire someone to market the website for you. As I told krishnanayak above, if you choose to do it yourself, you may not be able to devote sufficient time to get the results you need. Depending on how much time you have to devote to marketing, it could take six months to a year to see substantial movement. If you hire someone, you should see substantial movement within 3-6 months, and there have been cases where a marketing firm can get you to page 1 of Google in 3 months(using ethical techniques, of course).

I'm concerned about your use of the word "deserved". Many firms will use unethical techniques to get you to the top of the rankings quickly, no matter what the later consequences may be. On the other hand, when a website is first marketed, you can see a temporary surge in rankings until a history is established, and your website is placed in the proper ranking based on that history.

I wouldn't call it "appear and disappear", and this could be another excuse used by unethical firms. However, a search engine is a living and breathing organism, and it is possible you will see sometimes see a "bounce" in your rankings. A temporary bounce is normal, and no cause for alarm, but a long term drop could signify a problem. Here again , a marketing firm can diagnose the problem , if there is one, and can determine what action, if any, to take.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically to get traffic and ranking for a new website is little bit difficult.
    First make your website user friendly add unique content to your website.

Some important factors that must be considered like integration of blog, videos, images to attract the end user.

Then do on page optimization according to recent google parameters.

Quality off page link building.

Social media optimization.

6. Stefan Ceganjac

Stefan Ceganjac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How long does it take to make on Google's first page, in my niche its about 1900 searches per month and my colleagues are not so familiar with SEO?

7. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for making corrections joeroxx, I edited the same. I agree with you that hiring someone depends upon the funds available. But according to me,if investing for a right purpose in a right company for marketing will surely help in generating good business from the website.

8. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Create the very best piece of content on the web for your target keywords. Find out what your prospects’ problems and worries are and help them out with your content. See what other content is available on the web and improve on it. Once you have done that you can start engaging your target audience directly with a content promotion in Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. Not only will this bring you traffic, but it will also drive social signals and relevant links from quality sites.

9. hemnaram

hemnaram
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make your on page optimization correct.Analyse your competitors and keywords and then do link building as per the analytics. Then don't forget your social media presence which gives you more user engagement.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I already answered this question in a previous post and, to be honest, would rather not see multiple posts(or threads for that matter) that ask, "How do I rank my website?" or "How long will it take to rank my website?" because their type of business hasn't been mentioned yet. Having said that, your first step,if you choose to do it yourself, is to become familiar with SEO, using the most current information possible. You can use books, online blogs by industry-related organizations(the SEO industry, not yours), and articles on networking sites. Do not use forums as your main primary source of information, but you can use them if you get stuck on a particular topic. If you're really serious about learning SEO, start by enrolling in a course at a local community college. As far as how long it will take to do it yourself, it depends on how much time you are willing to devote to it, and could take up to a year, or could take up to 6 months to see substantial results. The more time you are willing to spend, the shorter the time will be.
    If you are unable, or unwilling, to take the time to learn to do SEO properly, you can hire someone, but you have to make sure they are going to do SEO properly. An individual can take 6-8 months to see substantial movement, a marketing firm should take 3-6 months. I have seen cases where it took up to 3 months to get to page 1, and up an additional 3 months to get to the top. It does sometimes happen in less time, but those are the exception, not the rule. It is not possible to specify how long getting to page 1 will take based on the number of searches per month, as different websites can have different circumstances. Different industries can have different circumstances as well. For one industry 1900/month could be a high number, for others it could be average, or even low, and specifying the industry(if you were tempted to do so) doesn't help. In general, the circumstances outlined above should apply.

11. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do white SEO and work with frequency and consistency. Optimize your site using social networks. Soon a day will come in your life when your site will be visible in organic searches for inserted keywords

12. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The technique which you have mentioned here most of these are outdated. I would recommend you start doing content marketing which is all time best activity in SEO because content is King and Google also gives first priority to quality and unique content.

13. benecklary

benecklary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi this is the common question those who are have a website and improve the sales. before choosing seo whic one is best for you. that you have to make sure what kind of business you are doing. for example you have physical shop customer need to walk in to your shop means you have to goahead with local seo(google mybusiness). if you have services that means you go and visit the customer place or providing service in online that case you have to goahead with organic seo. social media platforms like facebook, myspace, vk.com is alll for branding and attrating visitors to your website.

14. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using these kind of activities with low quality sites will not improve your site's SERPS. Establish you website first from your targeted audience by providing their needs and expectations from your field.

15. drnitinjain

drnitinjain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First do the On page SEO and off page SEO. Update the Quality Content of website. DO the SEO Off page Activity High Pr social Networking site.
    Off page Activity
    Forum Posting
    Social Bookmarking submission
    Business Listing
    Blog Marketing
    Directory submission
    Yahoo answering

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Except for "Forum Posting", "Directory Submission", and possibly "Yahoo answers", I agree with the above. However, when doing social bookmarking, make sure you use quality sites, and make sure you are providing information that people actually need. As with any technique, bookmarking just to get the link is not recommended.

17. jamesbrownn

jamesbrownn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social networking sites can be a good way to promote a site, but it is unclear how much it will affect your rank directly. Google+ promotion may have the most impact. That said, you may find that a great deal of your traffic comes from social networks, so be sure to make your content social friendly. Add images and give your content interesting titles.

18. cadomagenge

cadomagenge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are various way to get traffic for your website.
    1. do proper on page Optimization
    2. create high quality links.
    3. do proper Social Media Optimization like Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Twitter etc.......

• Like Like x 1
  19. mike_smith

mike_smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start with on page optimization like content, keywords, xml site map e.t.c. After that start off page optimization like Directory submission, bookmarking, blog submission, forums posting and many other off page techniques.

20. jmwang

jmwang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content marketing is a good choice,I think you can write the high quality content in your field and then outrearch them